Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

Really close to Vancouver and a touch north of The States.
    So does courtecy and respect,
    Oh? And what forced your limitless and smug , wee demeaning gold that gifts the plebs from that magical spewge?

I am wondering if the OP is still around and shooting?
    I find that LML gun clubs are committing collective suicide.
    There isn't one, that's doing a good job of attracting new members, keeping them interested.
    Half of them are in danger of being shut down due to noise complaints and the other ones seem to be retirement clubs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I am wondering if the OP is still around and shooting?
    I find that LML gun clubs are committing collective suicide.
    There isn't one, that's doing a good job of attracting new members, keeping them interested.
    Half of them are in danger of being shut down due to noise complaints and the other ones seem to be retirement clubs.

Here:

Quote Originally Posted by srv2miker View Post
    I see this old post of mine was dug up from the grave, so I thought I would update everyone. Based on the advice I received here, I became a member at the abbotsford rod & gun club, and I have nothing but great things to say about it. Every board member and volunteer has been great to deal with, and they seem very supportive of the sport and its many facets. They've now capped membership at 1000, and I feel very lucky to have received my membership when I did.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Join a firearms organization and voice your displeasure and they can bring it to light. Secondly stay strong and get some tough skin because you will need it. We need new blood and it is disgusting how they treated you if they indeed had done so. Keep looking for a club because once you are in there will be no need to converse with these morons. Also not all clubs are like that.
    CCFR — CSSA

To be honest it's not far off from what I've experienced here in the Ottawa area. I also found it odd that a sport dying for new blood is like this, but a lot of it is the fault of the cfo and our laws in general, running a range must be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Join a firearms organization and voice your displeasure and they can bring it to light. Secondly stay strong and get some tough skin because you will need it. We need new blood and it is disgusting how they treated you if they indeed had done so. Keep looking for a club because once you are in there will be no need to converse with these morons. Also not all clubs are like that.
    Op asked the question seven years ago. FYI.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    please delete.
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Not at all. Our club the Listowel Rifle and Revolver club is one of the best. Always welcome new members but their are always the negative ones in any club. We have members from afar and enjoy the best ranges around the area. You just need to meet the right folks

Your kidding ONE round at a time. Mission needs to replace your broad members.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy200 View Post
    Not at all. Our club the Listowel Rifle and Revolver club is one of the best. Always welcome new members but their are always the negative ones in any club. We have members from afar and enjoy the best ranges around the area. You just need to meet the right folks

Two. Thousand. And. NINE!

Oy.