Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

...................and thats why the sport is dying, if people don't actively recruit new shooters it will go to the wind

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by shortandlong View Post
    ...................and thats why the sport is dying, if people don't actively recruit new shooters it will go to the wind
    Yup, and a significant number of people really don't care because all they want is to have the range to themselves for them and their buddies(with your membership dues to help finance it). The less members the better for them!

They'll gladly take your $$$$, but if you're not well known/popular, they'r rather not have you taking up range space!
    Last edited by zupermann; 09-09-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Not to drag politics into the picture, but the fewer we are, the quicker our gun ownership rights will erode.

I've been a member of PoCo for a few years, and if you get your RUC, it's not too bad. It does feel like a busy golf driving range most of the time on Range#7.

Quote Originally Posted by shortandlong View Post

I'm a member at abby fish and game and have always felt welcome.
    There happy to get new members and working real hard on getting the range expanded to acomidate more shooters.
    Have you fed your kids today? Hug a farmer
    www.pawsitiveguidance.ca

I also got the Langley r&g treatment but at the time was only interested in getting my LTATT.I have since moved to DVC were i will remain for a long time to come!!!As far as iam concerned they can have my $150 along with there rediculous 5rnd and single shot rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlau View Post
    Not to drag politics into the picture, but the fewer we are, the quicker our gun ownership rights will erode.

I've been a member of PoCo for a few years, and if you get your RUC, it's not too bad. It does feel like a busy golf driving range most of the time on Range#7.
    :D
    The mother of all Stinkeyes....Wendy.....likes it when we do dumb, inconsiderate & ignorant things to each other that diminishes our fraternity of Canadian gun owners & shooters.

The smaller political lobby we represent the easier it makes her job of convincing the reigning politicians to throw us under the bus.

THE STINKEYES ARE UPON YOU

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevschm View Post
    I'm a member at abby fish and game and have always felt welcome.
    There happy to get new members and working real hard on getting the range expanded to acomidate more shooters.
    A far better solution than capping memberships!

Ignore the old fudds! They are everywhere in this sport/hobby. Everywhere from at the club to the stores where we spend even more of our hard earned dollars. The fun of the sport outweighs the horrible attitude that too many of the old members have.

Every club I've ever joined has always had that one old dude that never shoots but always shows up every range day to dole out his grumpy information to all within ear shot...accurate or not.

Thicken your skin and turn the tables on them, you are there to have fun...don't let the stink eye get to ya.

Langley Rod and gun is hosting their anual family days in a few weeks...

I will add some details to the events page in a few days..

It would be my hope that this event may be able to warm up a few of the frosty impressions

Langley Rod and gun club primarly caters to trap and sheet shooters, though they do have indoor pistol and .22 nights weekly, and yes, that old guy at the desk is possibly not the best candidate...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stormbringer's Avatar
    Move to London Ontario and join EESA.

We will take you.
    Questions about CSSA? Ask me.