Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

I believe I was wearing what I always wear...relaxed fit blue jeans, realtree camo hat, black carhart longsleeve shirt, and my carhart jacket... Straight thuggin if you ask me !
    But I do agree that if you you look like a dipshat, you'll be treated as such. Were all pretty countryish around here... I gots me a new pickup truck!!!

J/k. LOL

Cheers
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Torch". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN frequent flyer Dave_Shotgun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goozyman View Post
    "First impressions are priceless " is a TWO WAY STREET.
    Did you come in wearing a bling gold chain with a baseball hat cocked to the side of your head with your oversized pants hanging half way down your ass?

Did you come to the club driving a pimped out Civic booming Techno music through a 5 million watt audio system?

Did you come to the club looking like you just blazed a quarter pound blunt?

Did you make any reference to the movie Scarface?"Say cHello to my leetel frien"?

Do you look like a freak?

Club mgmt has the RIGHT to deny membership based on bad vibes from a potential member.
    Consider applying like a JOB INTERVIEW.
    Gun clubs clearly don't want punks shooting in their ranges and putting others at risk. You have to follow their rules and at least appear to be a decent human being. You don't want to look like you just did a 'drive-by' and need to practice your shooting skills.
    CSSA Member and Teacher in Ontario.

Did you come in wearing a bling gold chain with a baseball hat cocked to the side of your head with your oversized pants hanging half way down your ass?

Did you come to the club driving a pimped out Civic booming Techno music through a 5 million watt audio system?

Did you make any reference to the movie Scarface?"Say cHello to my leetel frien"?

Club mgmt has the RIGHT to deny membership based on bad vibes from a potential member.
    FWIW, some of the biggest scumbags I know wear $5000 suits and drive luxury imports.........I think it best not to judge people by how they look but by their actions. Everyone deserves a chance and that's why some clubs have 'probationary' or 'qualification' periods. How insightful of "club mgmt" to able to sum up someone just by their looks, taste in music, how they talk or vehicle they drive....phhhhttttttt.
    “Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    -Jeff Cooper-

What gives you the right to judge a person by his music, fashion and automobile preference?

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    What gives you the right to judge a person by his music, fashion and automobile preference?
    If if looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Shotgun View Post
    If if looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck....
    Hummmm, if it LOOKS like a AK-47 then it must be one.Therefore prohibited. Do you always pass judgment on things and people based on outward appearance?
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dr.Lector's Avatar
    Because of all the above, the Club wants to protect
    its present members and maintain some minimal conditions for them,
    so it doesn't become like that PoCo sh!thole.
    Hmm lets talk about that sh!thole

At poco they dont shut down the rifle range to do trap, they dont shut down any ranges to do archery and you can do archery any time that they are open.

they dont turn away new members, they do trap every other weekend some times 2 weekends in a row. theres 1 public range out to 200m , theres 4 pistol ranges that you can use once you have your range user card.
    range 7 has heaters running the entire shooting line on the rifle range for those cold days/nights. there open some nights for public, and theres other nights for members / guests.
    theres over 40 targets on the archery trails
    membership is only 140 for the year.
    they do pistol matches and ipsc matches, PPC shoots. pumpkin shoots and much more.
    you can check them out at www.pcdhfc.com and if you want to see the range and shoot while your there the day card is $20

I shoot there all the time, i enjoy the club

I also go and shoot at thompson, i shoot ipsc matches there often. good club, good people, just a little hilly but that what a car is for.
    DVC indoor range is fun and warm. and just down the hill from pcdhfc. and not far from TSMA.

i dont see why people have to say bad sh!t about other clubs, were all here to shoot and have fun.
    Its not High school any more ..
    ^^^^^^^^
    Impressive....

So, I understand that you are happy there
    with all of their facilities, rules, etc.
    Then, I think you shouldn't worry about how PoCo is considered by others,
    as long as you like it, right?
    And you shouldn't worry about how bad Ridgedale is
    (since you already have a club where you are happy).

BUT:
    I don't remember anybody saying that
    they want to leave Ridgedale (or ANY other range) for PoCo.
    However, I heard more and more people complaining about PoCo,
    and they described it exactly like that: sh!thole
    (and maybe other similar words).

...a gazillion ranges... wow...
    but: you need special range cards. I thought so...

Heaters? ... wow... great...
    At 20 bux for a visitor for three hours I think
    they had to provide somepin
    (beside the RO's attitude and the idiotic rules, that is).
    Or who knows, maybe the heaters are
    so they can accomodate the type of people PoCo catters to
    LMFAO

"only $140" - cool.
    Ridgedale membership is less than that
    (but yeah, it doesn't have heaters).

But again, don't worry about what others say about your range,
    as long as you like it in there. To each, his own.
    As for me, I maintain my previous opinion about PoCo.

PS From what I understand, in 4 (or 5) years PoCo will be gone, right?
    That's too bad - all those people left without a place to shoot
    Can you imagine how many clubs will cap their membership then?
    I bet many will do it even before (in anticipation).
    Not to mention that very few ranges will be able to
    provide the same facilities these peple are used to (heaters, etc.).

edit to add: oh, yeah, Silvester Road and
    the gravel pits don't have heaters
    (I feel so sorry for the PoCo people).

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Do you always pass judgment on things and people based on outward appearance?
    My initial assessment of people and things is usually quite good, so yes I do pass judgment on people and things based on outward appearance (as do most people).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by misfire View Post
    FWIW, some of the biggest scumbags I know wear $5000 suits and drive luxury imports.........I think it best not to judge people by how they look but by their actions. Everyone deserves a chance and that's why some clubs have 'probationary' or 'qualification' periods. How insightful of "club mgmt" to able to sum up someone just by their looks, taste in music, how they talk or vehicle they drive....phhhhttttttt.
    Indeed. I agree completely.

I judge people by actions/words - everything else is arbitrary.
    Member: CPC, NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    We dont need this to come down to mine is better than yours, we should just be happy we have somewhere to shoot. Let it go people.