Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yep. At Mission it is 1 loaded round. It feels silly switching between 20 mags but I guess my mag changing skills are being improved
    Member: CPC, NRA

Because of all the above, the Club wants to protect
    its present members and maintain some minimal conditions for them,
    so it doesn't become like that PoCo sh!thole.
    Hmm lets talk about that sh!thole

At poco they dont shut down the rifle range to do trap, they dont shut down any ranges to do archery and you can do archery any time that they are open.

they dont turn away new members, they do trap every other weekend some times 2 weekends in a row. theres 1 public range out to 200m , theres 4 pistol ranges that you can use once you have your range user card.
    range 7 has heaters running the entire shooting line on the rifle range for those cold days/nights. there open some nights for public, and theres other nights for members / guests.
    theres over 40 targets on the archery trails
    membership is only 140 for the year.
    they do pistol matches and ipsc matches, PPC shoots. pumpkin shoots and much more.
    you can check them out at www.pcdhfc.com and if you want to see the range and shoot while your there the day card is $20

I shoot there all the time, i enjoy the club

I also go and shoot at thompson, i shoot ipsc matches there often. good club, good people, just a little hilly but that what a car is for.
    DVC indoor range is fun and warm. and just down the hill from pcdhfc. and not far from TSMA.

i dont see why people have to say bad sh!t about other clubs, were all here to shoot and have fun.
    Its not High school any more ..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Poco seemed good to me, will join there at some point. I like variety.
    Member: CPC, NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    <SNIP> I also go and shoot at thompson, i shoot ipsc matches there often. good club, good people, just a little hilly but that what a car is for.

Each of the lower mainland & valley ranges have their plus/minuses. Just join one or two that you feel comfortable at and have the facilities/disciplines that you are looking for. In no particular order:
    DVC
    Chilliwack
    Abbotsford
    Mission
    Ridgedale
    Thompson
    POCO
    Semiahmoo
    Richmond
    Silvercore?
    Langley
    Agassiz

Did I miss any?
    Last edited by StoneHorse; 09-09-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Added Agassiz
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeystew View Post
    I live on gabriola island, and after paying a very small fee and a friendly handshake, i was handed a key to the place where members are trusted until there is a reason not to be trusted. the range is always vacant, which makes for a very peacefull shooting experience... since mine is the only gun going off. And when there are more people than just myself, the folks are always more than friendly and the appointed range officers are always very safe yet also informal.
    Sounds like the range I shoot at in Cache Creek. We don't have heaters for winter, because it gets snowed in until Spring, and we only have outhouses, but we have a 50m pistol/smallbore range, and the main range goes out to 375yds.
    We welcome new members.

CGN frequent flyer Dave_Shotgun's Avatar
    I think if you go into a new gun club expecting them to 'roll out the red carpet' for you, then you're probably going to be disappointed. But if you go into it knowing that to them, you're just some stranger whose interested in shooting at their range, then it might be ok. My expectations of the club that I'm planning on joining are not very high. I just need a place to test out my shotgun dangit. I could care less if the people there like me or not.
    CSSA Member and Teacher in Ontario.

Hey, don't let a few bad apples ruin your fun. I agree, shooting is a dying sport and we should welcome new responsible gun owners with open arms. As a new shooter, my club welcomed me with open arms, and have given me nothing but encouragment and helpful pointers along the way. We should be united as like-minded people and stand together. So maybe those who want to keep people out because of their lack of experience, should take the time to educate someone in the sport. As someone took the time to educate THEM. It's not a closed sport people! Do you want educated, responsibe gun owners or yahoos to represent us?!
    You are welcome to come shoot anytime if you are around Calgary area. don't let them drive you out of the sport. It's too much fun to miss out on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 41 Colt's Avatar
    If anyone is interested in joining a club simply for the LTATT join Silvercore, it's around $30. There is no actual range IIRC but you still get your LTATT.

Langley blows, I used to shoot there. Lots of good people but I got tired of the rules:

-No magnum loads
    -Only five rounds per magazine/cylinder
    -No rapid fire
    -No centerfire rifle
    -Only 20 yards

Abbotsford Fish & Game is awesome, but is limited to 100 yards. They are fine with any type of rifle, load, rapid fire etc. Quite often I am there shooting by myself.

Langley is a great facility for trap and skeet shooters

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    In no particular order:
    DVC
    Chilliwack
    Abbotsford
    Mission
    Ridgedale
    Thompson
    POCO
    Semiahmoo
    Richmond
    Silvercore?
    Langley
    Agassiz

Did I miss any?
    Anything from North Vancouver to Whistler ? North of Whister, there's one just outside Pemberton.