Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

To defend NavyCude LR&G is a hole and a bad atmosphere of " .22lr only" type thinking.

I just neutered the cat.
    Now he's a liberal.

I'd rather be a Conservative Nut Job, then a liberal with no nuts and no job.

The Red Deer Fish & Game Club just instituted a $10 guest fee for the outdoor range, which sounds sucky if you're just introducing someone to the "sport", however it was in response to people bringing guests who were apparently jacking around and didn't know the meaning of cease fire and not touching guns while others were downrange.

Funnily enough, the letter that just went around said it would apply to "wives and guests under 18" - I guess we're still property of our husbands and have to get their permission to go to the range... accompanied!

Anyhoo, the Blindman Valley Rod & Gun Club is pretty good (Bentley).

Unfortunately, there's nowhere you can go (correct me if I'm wrong) to shoot clays short of Emil of Many Guns private backyard range north of Red Deer. But you can no longer shoot jacketed/milsurp there because some jacka$$ shot an something big at the 25 and let 'er rip and there were riccochets (we once saw a rig cowboy shoot an SKS at the 25 like there were not enough 7.62s to make it until tomorrow - we had to tell him to slow it down and aim).
    Better Red Than Dead.

Supporter of Canada's economic terrorist cells.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post

NavyCuda's account of his experience rings true with me.

I'm not sure whether that would make me an ignorant liar or just plain ignorant. Oh well.
    Same experiences here

Man, oh, man......I guess some of you must be too young to remember what it was like at Barnet Rifle Range. One round rule in rifle, 5 rounds in pistol, stink eye and public shaming via the PA system by Marcy (RO) were the order of the day! It never stopped me from going and some days I even got her to crack a smile. FWIW, there are a lot of a$$holes and ignorant putzes out there and they don't all necessarily hang out at gun ranges. I view them 'fixtures' like a desk, plant or whatnot. There exist at work, the range and are everywhere. I classify these knobs as 'objects' and an inconvenience. Not worth getting your blood pressure up over a desk, plant, streetlamp or whatnot. Life's too short..........................
    “Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    -Jeff Cooper-

Anyone go to LRGC to shoot trap or skeet and bring a trap gun not a defender?

How was your experience?

I was a member at Lrgc... Got my ltatt and never renewed. But I was warned going in so I shoveled the miserable a**hole attitude back at him and he got a bit nicer... Not that I cared. I'm 30 and knew the rules and bad hours going in, I met some nice people and was warned about when the old boys showed up too shoot, so I could avoid them ( they won't let you shoot while they eat lunches made by their wife's in the room next door).

And before any of you bitter old pricks try and give me some smart ass wisdom about the great big world, save your self the trouble. you aren't my father and if you were I would have aborted my OWN birth than be even remotely related to any of you. I pay my own way and have since I was a teen no freebie's here so get off your soapbox cause your not good at it!!! (insert stinkeye here!)

The world YOU made is ####. Judging by some attitudes on here I now fully understand why...

Yes, these are the same old scroat bags who basically gave your firearm rights to the liberals while they practiced the "stinkeye" in there ranges they inhabit like trolls...IMHO

I'm in Langley also and will be shopping for a range with my friend who feels the same way... I don't give a crap if you don't like me you mean old bastards... Cause I'll be here to fix the damage you've done to our pastime long after your worm food, ha ha ha

Anybody that's not a master of the new guy stinkeye, If your in Langley and want to grab a coffee pm me and we'll have a Langley shooters night. I'm normally quite mellow and polite!

That was my first rant... Kinda fun

Travis
    Last edited by Torch; 09-16-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Spelling on my iPod...
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Torch". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by misfire View Post
    Man, oh, man......I guess some of you must be too young to remember what it was like at Barnet Rifle Range. ..........................
    Is that (was?) the one below SFU in Port Moody? You could hear shots from there on a clear day... ah...
    Better Red Than Dead.

Supporter of Canada's economic terrorist cells.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    I was a member at Lrgc... Got my ltatt and never renewed. But I was warned going in so I shoveled the miserable a**hole attitude back at him and he got a bit nicer... Not that I cared. I'm 30 and knew the rules and bad hours going in, I met some nice people and was warned about when the old boys showed up too shoot, so I could avoid them ( they won't let you shoot while they eat lunches made by their wife's in the room next door).

And before any of you bitter old pricks try and give me some smart ass wisdom about the great big world, save your self the trouble. you aren't my father and if you were I would have aborted my OWN birth than be even remotely related to any of you. I pay my own way and have since I was a teen no freebie's here so get off your soapbox cause your not good at it!!! (insert stinkeye here!)

The world YOU made is s**t. Judging by some attitudes on here I now fully understand why...

Yes, these are the same old scroat bags who basically gave your firearm rights to the liberals while they practiced the "stinkeye" in there ranges they inhabit like trolls...IMHO

I'm in Langley also and will be shopping for a range with my friend who feels the same way... I don't give a crap if you don't like me you mean old bastards... Cause I'll be here to fix the damage you've done to our pastime long after your worm food, ha ha ha

Anybody that's not a master of the new guy stinkeye, If your in Langley and want to grab a coffee pm me and we'll have a Langley shooters night. I'm normally quite mellow and polite!

That was my first rant... Kinda fun

Travis
    I had a good laugh!

We need a good range in langley, a rifle range would be great.

I would love a good handgun/rifle range...200meters would be great...

My Oldman was 115 for 25 years....
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Torch". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    I would love a good handgun/rifle range...200meters would be great...
    I think, if I remember right the centerfire cutoff is around 270th st or something, so... have to get a nice place out there and rent an excavator for a while. I wish I could build one here, but probably couldn't get away with it.