Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnester View Post
    There is a reason for 1 round at a time in the chamber. Serious shooters will after shooting a round, will lay their rifle down with the bolt or the action open, weapon cleared, and look through their spotting scope to see how the last round fired printed. Loading a new round and getting repositioned and locked into your rifle again uses up time. This time will also allow your barrel to cool thereby allowing a serious shooter a better group. Heating up your barrel is never ever a good idea, It ruins the throat of your rifle. Those that want to load more than 1 round at a time and shoot until the magazine is empty can be a real safety hazard when cease fire is called or with many different individuals on the firing line with many different levels of experience in handling firearms. This is because we are all human, and we all occasionally forget when distracted. U can forget how many rounds you have loaded, expended, and have left in your weapon when cease fire is called by the RO. This can be deadly to the shooter and others around him. Case in point. A bolt action Remington 700 bolt action can discharge by itself (Remington Moment) because of a malfunctioning trigger design. I would hate to be down range changing targets and get shot in the back because someone left a round up the spout and the rifle got slightly bumped by someone walking by the shooting mat or table and a Remington Moment happened.
    Thx for the laugh, but not everyone at a range aspires to being a "serious shooter" at all and even those that do may not agree with your definition and what is required. And while I appreciate your concern for me heating up my barrel at the end of the day it is MY concern. As for your safety concerns there are ways to ensure safety without the 1 round rule. In short, please don't tell me your way is the only way I can enjoy my sport.
    C.C.F.R "There is no faster way to create division within a group of equals than by treating some of them more equal than the rest"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    Fudds, meet your god.

YES!! Literally laughing out loud here. You are today's winner of the interwebs.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

I moved from AB to BC about a year ago and joined Thomson Mountain and never looked back. I don't mind being outdoors in the winter and the folks are second to none. The range wardens are a very good bunch of people and helpful. I brought a spam can of 7.62 x 25 without any way of opening it and they cracked open a while connex box of tools for me to use.

It is a but expensive to bring friends as a day pass is $30. Other than that I think it is a great place to enjoy the sport.

I miss AB like you wouldn't believe

Quote Originally Posted by RojamB21 View Post
    very close>>>>>>>> almost every one knows this guy from miles and miles away but don't name him______please. It's not the place for hatred .
    Wow!!!!......this thread is still kicking?......I will keep it going as well then. Since last posting in 2009 I've moved to another club further south. Guess who's here?!! YES....that guy!!
    We shall call him the man with the short thumbs....lol.

If it was easy......everyone would be doing it !!
    Member- CSSA , OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, OFMF

Yes this thread is still going. In my case because I typed into Google "langley gun ranges" as I was looking for information on a new Langley gun range that I've heard about but isn't yet open. If srv2miker was still looking for a local club I would suggest Mission (not Abbotsford) as its full of good people and the facilities cover most of the disciplines. Yes its a little further than just local but we have skeet, trap, archery, rifle and cowboy and pistol ranges. No one is going to hold your hand out there (we're not accustomed to royalty either) but we're a pretty inclusive bunch.

My only negative experience with Mission is how stupidly slow they can be in getting membership renewals back to you. Even if your renewal has been received and processed at the club but they haven't sent you (by snail mail only) your renewal documents, including year sticker for your membership card, they wont let you on the ranges. Archaic i know, that's just the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
    :D
    The Langley Rod & Gun club is the CFO designated Ontario training center for Range Nazis.

Stink-eye techniques are a mandatory part of the Range Nazi curriculum for certification.........he was probably just practicing when you came along. :D
    LOL big time!

Really close to Vancouver and a touch north of The States.
    Really. So you met ol' stink eye at the LRGC?!
    I have been incited to rebut your slam on my club, LRGC.
    Regardless that this was the first club you examined, adminstrators and the like hear SO much of the same idiotic rhetoric and experienceless know it alls that sometimes they can be short.
    Maybe it's YOU friend.(or not, just everything has at least 2 sides) I know many people that are employed there and have a great many more members whom I'm good friends with.
    So, maybe the gentalman who ruffled yer feathers was having a bad day. I'm sure if you write a letter stating this issue, you will be hopefully apeised.
    It also seems LRGC fulfills every one of your senceable prerequisites. Go talk to grumpy and work it out , I'd love to share
    Some range time with ya!
    Sincerely, Kelly Crane

BANNED
    Five year old original post.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Five year old original post.
    I thought there was something silly about this resurrected from the dead thread that even the late JC rose quicker.
    Same old biotch same people not willing to do something constructive like join the BOD or at least attend an AGM and see if their name will stand to pass a seconder.
    Best Regards,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002