Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lakeshore Arms Academy

Good for you, glad to hear it worked out, and I hope others who are in your position see the post and this helps them out.
    Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

What's the address for LAA?
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Terapr0 View Post
    old or not, it's one of the few reference to LAA on this entire site and I'm glad I found it.
    Update: stopped by the club on saturday morning and got registered as a new member. Everybody was super friendly, there's no waiting list and I'm taking the safety course this coming weekend. Couple that with it being located ~5minutes from home and it's a definite winner. Sure I wish it was as large and well equipped as Galt, but the proximity to home is far and away the biggest selling point for me. Galt and Silverdale chew up and entire day once the drive is factored in.
    How busy does it get? My only gripe with the club is that it is very restricting being indoors only and only saturday availability.

that's one thing that remains to be seen. It's a very small club with only 6 shooting lanes so there's a chance it could get rather busy at times. When I was in on Saturday It wasnt so busy that I wanted to turn around & leave (cough cough target sports cough cough). If it weren't so close to home I'd have been a little more concerned, but it's close enough that I could easily turn around and come back in an hour or two if need be. I'll let you guys know how busy it gets this Saturday for my safety course...
    NFA & CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    What's the address for LAA?

AGAIN what is he address????
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    AGAIN what is he address????
    not sure if you have google where you're located but i typed in a search for "lakeshore arms academy" and their website was the very first search result.. the address can be found in the location page.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Terapr0 View Post
    that's one thing that remains to be seen. It's a very small club with only 6 shooting lanes so there's a chance it could get rather busy at times. When I was in on Saturday It wasnt so busy that I wanted to turn around & leave (cough cough target sports cough cough). If it weren't so close to home I'd have been a little more concerned, but it's close enough that I could easily turn around and come back in an hour or two if need be. I'll let you guys know how busy it gets this Saturday for my safety course...
    Any updates? If I have to turn around and come back in an hour - forget it. Might as well sign up at Silverdale.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Any updates? If I have to turn around and come back in an hour - forget it. Might as well sign up at Silverdale.
    silverdale is great. the drive isnt too bad if you're in sauga. sucks for me to drive from markham though.

it will be even greater when they get around to building that indoor handgun range i keep hearing about.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamon View Post
    silverdale is great. the drive isnt too bad if you're in sauga. sucks for me to drive from markham though.

it will be even greater when they get around to building that indoor handgun range i keep hearing about.
    Silverdale was alright when i visited back in october. But yesterday i signed up at east elgin. The indoor range is for real not some rumour. And maybe because its winter and the xmas is around the corner but each range only had 1 maybe 2 people shooting on a saturday morning. Much more relaxed environment than silverdale during my visit. The 2 hour drive is the only bummer.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Silverdale was alright when i visited back in october. But yesterday i signed up at east elgin. The indoor range is for real not some rumour. And maybe because its winter and the xmas is around the corner but each range only had 1 maybe 2 people shooting on a saturday morning. Much more relaxed environment than silverdale during my visit. The 2 hour drive is the only bummer.
    i know its not a rumour but its been "the word on the street" for quite some time now.
    how does it take you 2 hours from mississauga when it only takes me 1.5 hours from markham? lol
    it should only take about an hour from where you are... unless you're including the return trip for a combined 2 hours.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast