Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lakeshore Arms Academy

Quote Originally Posted by ns_redneck View Post
    Me and my wife just applied to LAA, We are just waiting to take our saftey course. we have a family membership so it's only 400 a year for the 2 of us. i still plan on joining another one in the future that has skeet. but i figured to get into the sport this one is good cause it's not far from us. And everyone seemed prett nice when i stopped in.
    That's fairly expensive for what they have to offer. As long as your happy that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    That's fairly expensive for what they have to offer. As long as your happy that's all that matters.
    it's really just to get us going. i work till 7 every day during the week, So i won't get much of a chance to shoot during the week. But i see what your saying only open 1 day a week ain't much.

$400/yr isn't cheap, but neither is gas and wear & tear on a vehicle. I too am in Mississauga (like a 5 minute drive from LAA actually) and the cost and limited hours are more than worth it for me. Sure it's a small range and you're limited to handgun / shotgun, but being able to go for an hour or two and be home in time for lunch is a total game changer for me which see's me shooting EVERY available weekend, instead of just once a month or so. My wife and my wallet were both getting really fed up with me smoking an entire saturday or sunday driving out to Silverdale or Galt for an hour or two of shooting. Of course I wish LAA were 24/7, but I too work during the week and Saturdays is best anyhow. Regardless, there are other options available and if LAA isnt for you that's cool....the fewer people the better AFAIC ;D
    NFA & CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terapr0 View Post
    $400/yr isn't cheap, but neither is gas and wear & tear on a vehicle. I too am in Mississauga (like a 5 minute drive from LAA actually) and the cost and limited hours are more than worth it for me. Sure it's a small range and you're limited to handgun / shotgun, but being able to go for an hour or two and be home in time for lunch is a total game changer for me which see's me shooting EVERY available weekend, instead of just once a month or so. My wife and my wallet were both getting really fed up with me smoking an entire saturday or sunday driving out to Silverdale or Galt for an hour or two of shooting. Of course I wish LAA were 24/7, but I too work during the week and Saturdays is best anyhow. Regardless, there are other options available and if LAA isnt for you that's cool....the fewer people the better AFAIC ;D
    just found out my saftey course is may 16th, So i will be starting then.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345