Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock River Arms Authorized Dealer...

Questar - CGN Sponsor

Post Rock River Arms Authorized Dealer...

We're very pleased to announce that we have successfully concluded our negotiations with Rock River Arms and will be carrying their product line, with a shipment arriving in the next short while.

As Canada's only Authorized Dealer for RRA we will be handling warranty service "in house".

More information will be available shortly on our website...

http://www.Questar.ca
    Last edited by Questar; 11-22-2005 at 10:17 PM.

Re: Rock River Arms Authorized Dealer...

Great news! Any prices yet? Also, excuse my ignorance, but do you have a showroom where we can check them out?

Thanks,
    RL

Finally, now we can have a source for some reasonably priced 9mm AR's. I'm in for a magwell adapter if the price is right.

Hey Questar will you be carrying the RRA match trigger that fit the Colts?

Thanks
    "Son that's not a paper target down there it's a Communist Chinese Soldier!" ~My Dad~

Questar - CGN Sponsor

I'm sure for some this is a waste of time, but for others it may be useful...

Okay... let me begin by saying (again) that we don't ask anyone to deal with us who isn't comfortable with doing so. I respect your concerns and suggest you would be 100% correct to take your business elsewhere if you aren't 100% comfortable with our policies.

When it comes to firearms I think most of you understand that the information being requested is required of us by CFC as part of our Business License. We don't meet you face to face, and we're required to "identify" our customers... that is how we do it.

When it comes to parts there are two reason we ask for the information. First, because all it would take would be one illegal purchaser buying components that get used in a crime and we'd be accused of being lax in our methods and likely shut down... it's just not worth it to me. But also, the information we aks of you is required for the permits that we fill in.

The IIC (Internationa Import Certificate) requires that we specify who the End-User of the items are (both firearms and parts). So does the Export Permit Application... only more so.

Go on-line and do a search of the following US forms: DSP-5 and DSP-83

The DSP-5 is the application to Export which we need to complete and submit to US State Department. In that form we need to supply them with all of the information (whether it's a $1,000 gun or a $10.00 part)... the manufacturer, the wholesaler, the exporter, the importer, the shipping company, the broker, and most important THE END USER! (that's you!!!!). They want to know the specific purpose of the part (including any sub or final assemblies it is being put into)... they want to know what the item (parts or firearms) will be used for and that the end user is approved by the foreign government to have it. By showing and supplying that information to the US State Department we get our permit approved... in very quick time... with almost no rejections or RWA's (Return Without Action).

The DSP-83 is an End User Certificate. The State Department used to have guidelines that these were only required when we imported on behalf of law enforcement or military (prohibit items) or very large shipments... however, this has changed. We are tied into the US State Department and the Commerce Department via electronic link (D-Trade System). We get exceptional processing and approval speed, but one of the requirements is that every submission requires a DSP-83. This is a certificate by us swearing that we know the end user and the purpose for which the items are being imported, etc.. In order to complete that document we need hard copy information as a file backup.

If that information makes you uncomfortable then I respect your decision to source your items somewhere else and wish you all the best.

Hopefully that will explain the reasons behind asking for this information.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar

I just installed a Rock River Arms 2 stage match trigger into my R22. (Ordered via Brownell's as my crystal ball hadn't told me about Questar picking up the line)

It's a very nice improvement.

Look guys, I hate Big Brother. I hate Big Brother forcing the merchants to act like his tax and information gatherers. Regretably this is the cost we are now paying for ready access to the US market. If you don't like it, take a page out of Rooster33's and Brobee's play book and start making your own parts here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar

I Need Parts!
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Questar how about that RRA trigger?
    "Son that's not a paper target down there it's a Communist Chinese Soldier!" ~My Dad~

Questar - CGN Sponsor

RRA National Match Two Stage Trigger Kit... $120.00 USD
    RRA National Match Two Stage Trigger Kit (large pin lower)... $135.00 USD

I don't have final costs from RRA yet... should have that info in the next week or so, but I believe Canadian price will be $169 or $189 for large pin lower.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sparrow's Avatar

Forget the parts I want a 20" flattop complete rifle...who do I gotta trample over to get one ;=), I did send and email btw.
    It's Expansion and Bleed Off...Not Direct Impingement
    I need to see your PAL for all firearms purchases
    Shipping is extra unless stated
    Insurance beyond $100 is on the buyer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast