Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sharon Gun Club Memberships?

Quote Originally Posted by soninlaw View Post
    I'll definitely go there next Saturday - I had called last Saturday but the person I spoke to didn't mention anything about available shares being posted in the club. She said the best way to find a share in order to pursue a membership was by posting here on Gunnutz.
    I dropped by there early in the summer. I got the same response.

I was able to locate someone wanting to sell a share from the bulletin board. I ended up not joining because there was another problem. They were fully booked for the safety course and there won't be another one likely until next summer. I said forget it. Maybe I'll look into it in the distant future. If I want long range shooting, I'll hit Silverdale one of these days.

I also have a feeling that guy wanted more than $1k.

CGN Regular
    I've had the same runaround from Sharon since February... "We are buying back shares and they will be available soon..." I went back once a month and every time I have been given a different story. It seems like a nice club with nice people but my experience with them tells me that they cannot get themselves organized. Either that or they just didn't want me and were too polite to say...

J.

PS: I have been told by several exec members that you now CANNOT borrow a share and cannot be a probationary member without a share. Other member said the exact opposite! Also I went UP a number in the waiting list for share purchase. No one could explain how that happened. Oh well, joined the Grange instead. Long distance rifle practice will have remain on deer and trees that look like bears (don't ask)
    Last edited by rhshooter; 11-11-2009 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Anyone have Sharon Club membership for sale?

Just trying to keep this alive - I'm interested in buying a membership in Sharon if any are available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paulinski's Avatar
    Seems like a rich mans club to me.
    CSSA and CCFR Member...

Hi. Somewhere, I have a share in Sharon. I bought it off of a friend, who moved
    out of the country, many years ago. (mid 1990's?)
    I moved away from Toronto, and have not been involved with that club for many
    years, but I am pretty sure that they can't just *cancel* my share. I have to
    see if I can find the certificate, but I know I did buy one, and I do have it somewhere...
    :D
    ( I did my original "restricted" course at Sharon...)
    It wasn't a "rich mans club" - just a big club near Toronto.. They used to have
    all sorts of problems with neighbours complaining, as I recall... I don't think we could
    shoot on sunday's, or something like that.
    John777 and soninlaw, I would be willing to sell my share, if you guys are interested.
    Let me see if I can find the share certificate....
    - Rus
    Ratio cu m veritas est rara avis in terris, nigroque cygno simillima. (Reason and Truth are rare birds in this world, like a Black Swan.)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhshooter View Post
    J.

PS: I have been told by several exec members that you now CANNOT borrow a share and cannot be a probationary member without a share. Other member said the exact opposite!
    Unless there has been a re-write of the clubs constitution, you may borrow a share. I'm not sure if one was ever allowed to join without either a share of his own, or a borrowed share (except for associate members like children and spouces of a shareholder).

As for the make-up of the club, you will find a vary large cross section of our society. Every income level, profession, and ethnicity is represented. Hell, we even let left handed gingers join.

I have a Sharon Club Share to sell...

Hi again guys;
    Ok, I found it. I bought this share in August of 1986. I think I paid $700.00 for it,
    but I can't remember the exact number. It has a "par value" of $250.00.
    I found the actual share certificate in my files.
    I have not been a member for many years, but this is *one* share of
    "Sharon Recreation Properties Ltd.", and is registered in my name.
    I did the transfer of the share from my friend to me, through the club. The
    share is made out to me, and I am the registered owner.

I understand the going price is $1000. Given that I paid $700 for it in 1986,
    that is sounds like a pretty fair price for all concerned. In fact, in seems like a
    bargain, actually... $700 at 1.015% compounded for 24 years => $1000.
    But at least, this share didn't go *down* in price.

I would be willing to sell this share for $1000, but I note that in the "Shareholders
    Agreement", Articles 4, 5, 6, and 7 it appears to indicate that I have to offer the
    share to the Sharon Recreation Properties Corporation first, and that they have a
    right of first refusal on any shares offered for sale. Anyone familiar with this
    process?

And does anyone have a contact name or number for shareholder transfers at Sharon Club?
    PM me with details, if you want.
    Thanx..
    - Rus
    Ratio cu m veritas est rara avis in terris, nigroque cygno simillima. (Reason and Truth are rare birds in this world, like a Black Swan.)

Send a letter to them - if you don't hear back in 7 working days then you can say that they decline it.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

I was a member a long time ago and sold my share - now regretting that I did, so I'm borrowing one from a friend for now until I can buy another, since I wanted to join again. Once you have the share all you pay is annual membership, which is less expensive than some other clubs. It's a great club, lots of ranges, 50m pistol,Dedicated IPSC/IDPA, 100m rifle and 300m rifle, a very diverse membership, and a club house where you can get a nice breakfast on Saturday mornings. You can also shoot pistol calibers on Sunday now. What's not to like!
    Oh oh... that's gonna hurt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast