Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Double Rifles & Big Bores

Hadn't seen this thread before. Nice rifles. I suddenly want a DR in 45/70.
    " A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have"
    G.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs505 View Post
    Still selling doubles?
    Yes, for as long as I own Wolverine Supplies (I have no immediate retirement plans) we will stock and sell Double Rifles as they are a passion of mine. We also carry a small inventory of reloading dies, bullets , brass, dies and Nitro Express ammo.

We have Krieghoff DR's in stock and just received a shipment of Markel's, both .500 & 470 NE, price of the Merkel .470 NE with ejectors start at $8,290.00

BANNED
    Holy canolli those are some nice guns! But alas I'm just a poor pauper...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

Caliber .45-70, 23.5 inch barrels, double trigger, ejectors, manual safety. Great value for money, in stock and only $4,342.00 plus shipping and tax.
    I found the price for Sabatti Double Rifle rather agreeable. However, i also read there are some serious QC issue with Sabatti. True? or they have improved since. Thanks.

CGN Regular
    Why can't we have a double rifle option your common man can afford and enjoy. There are a few out there, but they should be more common.

CGN Regular
    Mr wolverine, What would be the most affordable double in 375 HH

John, you did business with a member of my family on a rifle similar to one of those shown here. The rifle allowed him to fufill his dream. I will never forget that. Thank you. I say, every forum member should be so lucky to enjoy one safari while they are fit. One at least. He got in two in his lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by masterduckmaster View Post
    I found the price for Sabatti Double Rifle rather agreeable. However, i also read there are some serious QC issue with Sabatti. True? or they have improved since. Thanks.
    There were certainly QC problems with the first imports, I can't confirm if they have been correctly addressed. Certainly some owners report very favourable on them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes Inferno View Post
    Why can't we have a double rifle option your common man can afford and enjoy. There are a few out there, but they should be more common.
    Simply a question of supply and demand and they are a very expensive design if manufactured correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin9934 View Post
    Mr wolverine, What would be the most affordable double in 375 HH
    The best value for money would still be the Merkel 140 Safari, today she is $8,290.00 plus shipping and tax. We only bring in the .375 to special order, delivery would be approx. 6 months.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast