Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Italian M14 update thread anything new as of 2011 now

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I THANK EVERYONE for the kind offers but we do have an on site range and will force our staff to do the testing.
    John
    lol, you make it sound like a chore!

BANNED
    I THANK EVERYONE for the kind offers but we do have an on site range and will force our staff to do the testing.
    John
    may i forward you my resume?//

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty86suk View Post
    may i forward you my resume?//
    I forwarded mine once....it got tossed in the circular file amidst cursing apparently....

It was all going well until they got to the last line....apparently my unavailability until the end of my CF Contract (to ensure pension time!) was not a good closing sentence....

I had lunch with John a couple years later and he shared his "amusement" with me.

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

Expired Business
    MATTY86 SUK;
    If you are serious, we arte always interested in seeing resumes as we will be growing even more in 2010
    John

Expired Business
    NAVY SHOOTER;
    Maybe you can get a contract like the folks in the Senate, well paid and don't have to show up.... ?
    Then you could do like some government folks and "consult" on the sid e??
    John

BANNED
    LOL, 11 more years maybe, i will be looking into the firearm industry as my retirement career, till then i can only dream...the cf allows me to rip through a few mags here and there to keep me happy...for now,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    MATTY86 SUK;
    If you are serious, we arte always interested in seeing resumes as we will be growing even more in 2010
    John
    Give me an address and I'll send ya one. Couldn't hurt, right?

CGN Regular
    MATTY86 SUK;
    John
    K, now that has my curiosity piqued, what exactly do you look for in an employee?

I'm going to guess that some military experience and a pal would be valuable, but it'd be neat to hear something from the horse's mouth...

Since this thread's topic is about European-made M14 variants (and whom the mystery manufacturer would be). Let's see whom made M14's (or Garands, or BM59's) back in the day and may still have the tooling kicking around .... Besides Beretta and Breda (whomever owns them these days) I can't think of any.

As far as the job phishing business is concerned, I once offered my services to John via this board, but failed to followup by sending a resume (I'm still somewhat kicking myself for it as this would pretty much be a proverbial "dream job").

Suffice to say that guys like me with solid customer-service experience, a working understanding of customs policies and procedures, and a basic knowledge of firearm mechanics are probably a dime a dozen. Therefore even IF I was selected for an interview (which is but one of the many steps toward actual hiring in the real world) the chances of actually being hired are/were pretty slim.

Ultimately I didn't make the move and am still somewhat biting myself for it, despite no way to know if the salary, benefit, or retirement package could match what I already have.

I have met John personally on many occasions, as well as most if not all of his (known) Canadian staff and would dare consider any of them friends in a heartbeat. Good people, all of them, nuff said.

John..... are you looking to adopt any time soon?