Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: enfield wood?

Expired Business
    PLINKER 777;
    "is this stuff matched together or is it more like a container full of old wood? "

I did not know you wanted old wood, otherwise I would have kept it instead of burning it....
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    PLINKER 777;
    "is this stuff matched together or is it more like a container full of old wood? "

I did not know you wanted old wood, otherwise I would have kept it instead of burning it....
    John
    Several dozen CGN'ers have just had a coronary.
    Sigh... I hope the marshmallows turned out well.

Stuart
    My doctor asked if anyone in my family was suffering from mental illness.
    "No", I said, "We all seem to enjoy it."

Member CSSA, CCFR

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
    I say we should have to wrestle for it, top dog gets first pick and so on It's interesting the demand now for this type of stuff, neat!.
    Don't let my 6' 170lbs frame fool ya! If i beat someone twice my size does that mean I get 2 first picks?:D

CGN Regular
    I'm too old to fight - how about Long Branch Lee-Enfield No.4s at 5 paces? So long as I get an early Long Branch forend out of it, it might be worth a flesh wound...

In a fox hole south of Borden next to a great wife
    back... I SAY BACK all you scoundrels!!! Its MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE!!!

LOL.... yeah, Enfielditis is a terrible addiction... I have tried to kick it several times, but then it draws me back and makes me...comfortably numb....

I need at least 10 sets of No1 and No4 with at least a half dozen LB stocks to keep me happy for the winter!

Cheers
    Dr.Oz
    A vision without action is just a dream, action without a vision is a nightmare - chinese proverb

As far as I know, all children in Canada have equal opportunities to go to either a great jail, or a world class school. What gets them in to either is no business of the gov't. Hokus Grey

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecracker View Post
    I'm too old to fight - how about Long Branch Lee-Enfield No.4s at 5 paces? So long as I get an early Long Branch forend out of it, it might be worth a flesh wound...
    'K...I say give 1st pick to spinecracker. Dear old Dad schooled me on the concept of fighting old guys. His advise...don't... old men are too old to fight and aren't much interested in it either.....they'll just kill ya if you piss them off enough

I'm still good to go for the 2nd pick though

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    'K...I say give 1st pick to spinecracker. Dear old Dad schooled me on the concept of fighting old guys. His advise...don't... old men are too old to fight and aren't much interested in it either.....they'll just kill ya if you piss them off enough

I'm still good to go for the 2nd pick though
    Plinker, why do you think I got interested in firearms? I've had 20 years training in varied martial arts, but that isn't much use when someone is standing 20 feet away from you with a hangun with a full magazine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spinecracker View Post
    Plinker, why do you think I got interested in firearms? I've had 20 years training in varied martial arts, but that isn't much use when someone is standing 20 feet away from you with a hangun with a full magazine lol.
    I've got +20 years in the Army, and the key is don't do anything you don't have to, and don't do anything stupid that will get you or someone else killed. :D only problem is you always end up doing crap that you should'nt have to and some of that crap has the potential of getting you killed.

so I'll see your martial arts and handgun at 20 feet and up you with a ford bumper moving at 120kmh

As for wood I'm not badly stocked for No4 wood but desperately low on No1 bits.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by woodchopper View Post
    I've got +20 years in the Army, and the key is don't do anything you don't have to, and don't do anything stupid that will get you or someone else killed. :D only problem is you always end up doing crap that you should'nt have to and some of that crap has the potential of getting you killed.

so I'll see your martial arts and handgun at 20 feet and up you with a ford bumper moving at 120kmh

As for wood I'm not badly stocked for No4 wood but desperately low on No1 bits.
    Hang on now! Is that Ford bumper bolted to a Chevy?....I didn't know fords could get up to 120kph?........Awh.....so when do the border goons release the wood again?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm not sure CBSA knows how to "release the wood" as it were.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep