Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Type 54 Tokarev

Quote Originally Posted by sksavenger View Post
    Will there be any more of these coming in?
    Is any chance to have Romanian TT??

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    JUST PURCHASED a small batch of Yugo M-57 pistols for those interested
    John
    yes Ill be buying one, and is there ant spare yugo magazines coming in, I have 2 m57 and need mags

I'd like to buy one too, but if there is no spare mags I may have to pass.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    JUST PURCHASED a small batch of Yugo M-57 pistols for those interested
    John
    Do you have an update on those?

You can convert CZ-52 mags to use in the Yugo. I bought 5 aftermarket CZ-52 mags for around $20US each. I've done it using the instructions in the following link. All it takes is a dremel and a felt tip pen. Now I have 9 M-57 mags. There is also a link on that thread on how to modify the CZ-52 mags to accept 9 rounds, instead of 8.
    I hope this helps.

Check out http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...agazine-option

Edit: Do you think I should make this a seperate thread?
    2nd Edit: I reposted this info in the Pistol and Revolver Forum.
    Last edited by Mastiff; 04-05-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks Mastiff, that is great info, and Marstar just happens to have CZ-52 mags.

If someone can tell me where to get ammo for it I'll reconsider getting one.

Expired Business
    7.62x25 AS WE HAVE MENTIONED many times, we are awaiting the export permits from the vendor country at this time....
    We fully expect news this spring
    John

7.62x25 AS WE HAVE MENTIONED many times, we are awaiting the export permits from the vendor country at this time....
    We fully expect news this spring
    John
    Any chance to sell CZ 52 sulprus?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    It isnt much more for the real soviet TT33s. I have a real one and a friend has a clone (Type 54). He claims the real one "shoots better" but I personally have not fired both.

~$200 for the surplus ones if I recal.

I have a Soviet Tokarev and some Norinco Tokarevs. The Soviet one is loose and rattles but shoots tight groups. However it does not like steel cased ammunition; such cases get stuck in the chamber and it requires that one pry back the extractor from the rim and put a wooden dowel in the barrel and force the slide open.
    The Norinco Tokarevs are dimensionally larger overall and perhaps stronger. They digest both steel and brass cased ammunition well after they have been broken in. Out of my three Norinco models one had a problem with failure to extract the steel cases but after about a three hundred rounds the problem stopped. The Norinco pistols are slightly more accurate than the Soviet model.
    I prefer the Norinco Model 54 over the original Tokarev. Hopefully Johnone will bring in more Norinco 7.62x25 Norinco Model 54 Tokarevs.
    By the way, the barrel and bushing I bought from Gunnar for shooting 9mm suits the Norinco Model 54 well as the groups I can shoot with it are very small at twenty-five yards.
    Although I have a plentiful stock of 7.62x25mm ammunition, more imports of that old-world ammunition would mean that I can shoot more and not be concerned about "saving" what I have presently.
    Cheap and solidly built pistols coupled with cheap, accurate and high velocity ammunition equal satisfaction and enjoyment of the shooting sport.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
    I have a Soviet Tokarev and some Norinco Tokarevs. The Soviet one is loose and rattles but shoots tight groups. However it does not like steel cased ammunition; such cases get stuck in the chamber and it requires that one pry back the extractor from the rim and put a wooden dowel in the barrel and force the slide open.
    The Norinco Tokarevs are dimensionally larger overall and perhaps stronger. They digest both steel and brass cased ammunition well after they have been broken in. Out of my three Norinco models one had a problem with failure to extract the steel cases but after about a three hundred rounds the problem stopped. The Norinco pistols are slightly more accurate than the Soviet model.
    I prefer the Norinco Model 54 over the original Tokarev. Hopefully Johnone will bring in more Norinco 7.62x25 Norinco Model 54 Tokarevs.
    By the way, the barrel and bushing I bought from Gunnar for shooting 9mm suits the Norinco Model 54 well as the groups I can shoot with it are very small at twenty-five yards.
    Although I have a plentiful stock of 7.62x25mm ammunition, more imports of that old-world ammunition would mean that I can shoot more and not be concerned about "saving" what I have presently.
    Cheap and solidly built pistols coupled with cheap, accurate and high velocity ammunition equal satisfaction and enjoyment of the shooting sport.
    I have a 54 and the recoil is just like a .45, fun to shoot but watch out for the nasty sharp slide. BTW, have you guys seen the CSI episode where the shooter cut his hand on the Tokarev slide and left some flesh behind?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast