Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AMMO Storage Question

Thanks nasho
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    Yes you are even in the video we have for the RPAL which dates from the late 60 but that's still what they show you in the classroom the guy in the vid stores his ammo in the same locked cabinet so if someone tells you you cant show them this vid 4:30 to 6:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Bd4...L0ydDQ&index=1
    The course videos were actually done in the mid-1990s.
    EOSC.ca

CGN Regular
    subscribed

After reading this entire thread I went through my reloading bench (located in my attached garage) and made sure there was no loose ammo to be found. My kids are much to small to ever play in there but I don't want to be negligent of even a single bullet. I have also been storing some bulk ammo in under a work bench completely out of sight and not easy to get at. I moved it to a locker that now has a lock on it. Basically I have changed my mind about this subject....

Sorry for reviving this thread. My shotgun has shotshell carriers attached. It is unloaded, trigger locked, and stored in a locked cabinet. Would I be okay if I had shotshells in the carriers? Or would I be hit with careless storage?
    Last edited by FitSoldier; 06-13-2016 at 12:08 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FitSoldier View Post
    Sorry for reviving this thread. My shotgun has shotshell carriers attached. It is unloaded, trigger locked, and stored in a locked cabinet. Would I be okay if I had shotshells in the carriers? Or would I be hit with careless storage?
    As long as the shotgun with the ammo in the sleeve is locked up together in a safe/locker,whatever,you're good. Firearms are NOT considered loaded unless there's shells in the magazine.

CGN Regular
    delete

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    [/QUOTE

P.S. I keep my ammunition in large tool boxes with small locks. I believe this meets the definition of safe storage for the Firearms Act and Criminal Code. Its not ideal though since I am starting to amass more and more ammunition everyday.[/QUOTE]

This is what I do....
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm confused.

I am considering a safe from Canadian Safe Manufacturing and I called the Firearms line to get clarification on ammo storage. They told me that if I want to secure the ammo in my safe, where my firearms are also located I would need to have the ammo locked inside a case or box as well. So ammo locked in a box and the box locked in a safe. I didn't think this was correct but I also wasn't going to argue it either, they should know right?

So, can I store my ammo in my safe or does the ammo need to be locked in a separate case or box in order for it to be in the safe?

Quote Originally Posted by craigdwh View Post
    I'm sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm confused.

I am considering a safe from Canadian Safe Manufacturing and I called the Firearms line to get clarification on ammo storage. They told me that if I want to secure the ammo in my safe, where my firearms are also located I would need to have the ammo locked inside a case or box as well. So ammo locked in a box and the box locked in a safe. I didn't think this was correct but I also wasn't going to argue it either, they should know right?

So, can I store my ammo in my safe or does the ammo need to be locked in a separate case or box in order for it to be in the safe?
    No they shouldn't know.

The firearms act is not the law on ammo, never has been never will be. You can store ammo and firearms in the same locked container.

NR

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.
    R

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in

(i) a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or
    (ii) a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-1.html#h-3
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-1.html#h-4

Shawn

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast