Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: .45 acp rifle ANy Updates 2 years in the running???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRGOD36 View Post
    What is the top one?
    DO WANT TOP ONE.

Goddamn thats sexy.

That being said, I'm eagerly awaiting to see what this rifle is.
    The pistol caliber carbine is such a niche market that is aching to be filled reasonably in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lejarretnoir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3436 View Post
    The pistol caliber carbine is such a niche market that is aching to be filled reasonably in Canada.
    Indeed! With milsurp ammo scarce or so expensive it makes perfect sense to the budget minded shooter and a set of carbide pistol dies to have a fun afternoon of plinking. To 100 meters any pistol round is very accurate and lethal out of 16" + rifle barrel.

I remember club shooters in the past converting their AR-15's to 9mm , but couldn't shoot lead because of gas ports. Problem gone in the bolt action.

Quote Originally Posted by lejarretnoir View Post
    I remember club shooters in the past converting their AR-15's to 9mm , but couldn't shoot lead because of gas ports. Problem gone in the bolt action.
    Care to clarify?? Any 9mm AR I have seen is blowback operated...there is no problem shooting lead in a 9mm AR.
    What did the Glock say after it fell off a truck, bounced on the highway, skidded across asphalt, got hit by a car, and run over by an 18 wheeler?

DON'T TREAD ON ME

RIP SMOKINDONUTS

The pistol caliber carbine is really nothing new or novel in Canada. Just look at the number of lever actions in .357 Mag., .44 Mag, and .45 LC, there are in the market. I think a lot of guys overlook these as options.

There are precious few bolt actions in comparison. Too bad John couldn't find a stash of Spanish Destroyer Carbines laying around. I'd like to eventually own one of those as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lejarretnoir View Post

The 9mm conversions for the AR-15 delete the gas tube and barrel port, working off of direct blow back instead.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The Tokarev ARs are gas operated, but use FMJ. Actually, John, get the Serbs to make these uppers.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    a 7.62x25 AR15 upper? I'll take one! And a Deslisle replica too. Marstar gets more of my disposable income.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lejarretnoir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    The 9mm conversions for the AR-15 delete the gas tube and barrel port, working off of direct blow back instead.
    I stand corrected. I guess the guy shooting one at the range didn't know either.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Probably poor reloads.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer UCSPanther's Avatar
    I wonder what the time frame is for availability of this intriguing new item? (Bolt action carbine)
    Target sighted...Range set (Panther quote from Earth 2150)

Proud member of the mini 14 cult

"The 1990s: The other dark age" - my quote