Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Is it legal to own/wear bullet proof vest?

Body Armour is listed in Group 2 of the Controlled Goods Act of Canada. Just trying to find where it spoken about........
    NFA Member

BANNED
    "...serious drive by shootings..." That mean committing that crime for a lark is ok?
    "...one of those things that..." Nonsense. It has been well proven that bannming anything does nothing to prevent or deter criminals. Case in point is the latest shooting Stateside. California virtually bans battle rifles, but some criminal managed to have one.
    "...why would you want..." "I want one" is reason enough for owning anything.

CGN Regular i-owe-so-off-to-work-i-go's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pats View Post
    "
    Who May Possess Body Armour WITHOUT a Permit

Individuals exempt from requiring a permit to possess body armour while performing the job on which the exemption is granted are:

Those who have a valid B.C. security worker licence authorizing them to provide the services of an armoured car guard, a private investigator, a security consultant, a security guard and / or a body armour salesperson.
    Peace officers, sheriffs, corrections officers and conservation officers.

Those employed by the government if wearing body armour is required or allowed in the course of the person's employment.

Security guards registered as a gaming worker under the Gaming Control Act.

Individuals who possess a valid firearms licence issued under the Firearms Act (Canada). "

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/securityin...mour/index.htm

This seems to say that since I have my RPal or the fact I work as a Security Guard, I, if I wanted, could purchase body armour (not that I have the need nor the desire to). Am I interpreting this correctly?
    Support our troops. If you can't stand behind them, stand in front of them.
    Mission and District Rod and Gun Club
    BCWF
    NFA

NOT ILLEGAL IN BC. Illegal in other provinces.

You only need the required security personal permit or a PAL (firearms licence).

Here is a vid that explains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvpQmxXRVY

It is legal to own a body armor in CANADA.

Read the last line from the exemptions category of the "BC body armor control act"

Exemptions
    2*(1)* Section 2 (2) of the Act does not apply to a person described in section 2 (3) (a) or (b) of the Act when the person is not in the course of employment for the period during which the person holds a licence referred to, and is employed to perform work described, in section 2 (3) (a) or (b) of the Act.

(2)* For the purposes of section 2 (3) (c) of the Act, section 2 (2) of the Act does not apply to a person for the period during which the person
    (a)*is employed as a peace officer,
    (b)*is employed by the government, a government corporation, as defined in the Financial Administration Act, the government of Canada or a local authority, if wearing body armour is required or allowed in the course of the person's employment,
    (c)*is employed as a security guard at a gaming facility, as defined in the Gaming Control Act, and registered as a gaming worker under that Act, or
    (d)*is an individual who holds a valid licence ( PAL) issued under the Firearms Act (Canada) authorizing the individual to acquire or possess a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Danic View Post
    NOT ILLEGAL IN BC. Illegal in other provinces.

You only need the required security personal permit or a PAL (firearms licence).

Here is a vid that explains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvpQmxXRVY
    Wtf are you talking about, it's completely unrestricted in Ontario. Joe Everyman can walk into a store that sells them and buy a vest off the rack. I've never been asked for any form of ID.

Quote Originally Posted by i-owe-so-off-to-work-i-go View Post
    This seems to say that since I have my RPal or the fact I work as a Security Guard, I, if I wanted, could purchase body armour (not that I have the need nor the desire to). Am I interpreting this correctly?
    Yes and no, you can buy body armour since you hold a PAL/RPAL, but to qualify as a security guard you need to be registered under the Gaming Act working at a gaming facility. Not just any security guard.

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    It is now illegal to own and/wear bullet proof vests in the Province of BC.
    El Gordo and his cronnies are trying to make it harder for the gang bangers to commit serious drive by shootings.
    Myself, I thought about buying a vest a few years ago for riding my motorcycle after being hit in the chest by a sparrow at 65MPH....mow that hurt.
    Rob
    I thought it was restricted to own body armour but there's an exemption if you have a firearms license.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/em...es/body-armour

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...24_01#section3
    Last edited by IBM; 11-03-2015 at 07:43 PM.

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    I feel the need to point out that I did NOT start this topic LOL

oh lordy lordy lordy LOL
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
    ...seriously, why would you want to own/wear a bulletproof vest? .... wondering why anyone would want one.
    So if someone shoots you, you might not die.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910