Thread: New JW 14's

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar

New JW 14's

Well I ordered one of these low cost 22's just to see what it would be like .
    The sites leave a lot to be desired . F/site is as far left as it can go & the rear site flops from side to side with the slightest touch . You get what you pay for so I'm not disappointed . The stock & action seem OK .
    The manual shows a 25 rnd mag (looks like a Rem 597 mag) & the box the gun comes in has a empty hole where the mag would be (if they came with them).
    John are these 25 rnd mags available ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Well I ordered one of these low cost 22's just to see what it would be like .
    The sites leave a lot to be desired . F/site is as far left as it can go & the rear site flops from side to side with the slightest touch . You get what you pay for so I'm not disappointed . The stock & action seem OK .
    The manual shows a 25 rnd mag (looks like a Rem 597 mag) & the box the gun comes in has a empty hole where the mag would be (if they came with them).
    John are these 25 rnd mags available ?
    I called Marstar about these mags. They are not available, but the rifle uses Marlin mags, they make 7 round, 10 round, 15 round currently in the USA. The 25 round mags were plastic, made by Marlin, quite rare and flimsy. Have not found one for sale anywhere. Mags from the Marlin 925 bolt action work in the JW14.

The JW14 has the same floppy sights as the JW25a. Mine will be getting scoped as soon as possible. It is a pain in the ass to reassemble that rifle... Other than that it seems solid and has a decent trigger pull.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAR 701 View Post
    I called Marstar about these mags. They are not available, but the rifle uses Marlin mags, they make 7 round, 10 round, 15 round currently in the USA. The 25 round mags were plastic, made by Marlin, quite rare and flimsy. Have not found one for sale anywhere. Mags from the Marlin 925 bolt action work in the JW14.

The JW14 has the same floppy sights as the JW25a. Mine will be getting scoped as soon as possible. It is a pain in the ass to reassemble that rifle... Other than that it seems solid and has a decent trigger pull.
    My JW25A from Lever last yr has a tight rear site .This JW14 I just got is very loose .Like the hole the pin goes through is way oversize
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer alexD92's Avatar
    How about some pics?
    Pew pew