Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - ISSC MSR MK22 - SCAR 16 look-alike .22 LR

Please

Please, oh please, oh please Mr RCMP Firearms people, please don't prohibit this firearm because it looks scary.
    "Innocent lives are saved and recidivistic maggots come to a screeching halt, felled by the lovely ballet of good over evil we call the Double Tap Center Mass Boogie." - Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by sully015 View Post
    Please, oh please, oh please Mr RCMP Firearms people, please don't prohibit this firearm because it looks scary.
    You obviously don't understand Canadian Firearms Laws. The only way this rifle would be prohibited is if it is full auto, or a variant as something that has already been listed as prohibited. Since this is completely new, and can only "LOOSELY" be described as a variant of the SCAR (which itself hasn't been defined as prohibited), it will most likely be non-restricted.

Firearms that have been prohibited based on looks, in .22lr form, are firearms that have been deemed to be variants of the MP5 (prohibited), and the SIG 55x. These were done strictly based on looks. But since the MK22 looks like a SCAR, which itself has not been defined as prohibited, looks will be irrelevant.

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieT View Post
    You obviously don't understand Canadian Firearms Laws... looks will be irrelevant.
    bwahhahahahhahahhhaa

Seriously, you are just so very precious. Three shows nightly folks, lets give him a big hand!
    Last edited by incorrigible; 01-08-2011 at 04:32 PM.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ciphery's Avatar
    I would tend to agree. It looks like a scarry weapon and that will be enough. The dragonov LOOKS like a AK varient but isn't. It was ban. The SAUS 12 looks like a scar varient it was ban. The chineese type 97 has just been ban for looking scarry and being "easilt convertable to full auto" ya well what semi isn't?
    It will be ban sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by ciphery View Post
    I would tend to agree. It looks like a scarry weapon and that will be enough. The dragonov LOOKS like a AK varient but isn't. It was ban. The SAUS 12 looks like a scar varient it was ban. The chineese type 97 has just been ban for looking scarry and being "easilt convertable to full auto" ya well what semi isn't?
    It will be ban sooner or later.
    In 1998, scary looks would be enough, but that ship has sailed... for now.

Although it looks scary, it doesn't look like any scary rifles on the proscribed list. Therefore, although the CFC/RCMP seem to define things as they see fit, there are limits.

It will be not be prohibited. To all those who disagree, I'd be willing to take any wagers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pancake81's Avatar
    hmmm. I was gunna by myself an SR22, but decided to hold off.

Then I have been readign up on the SCAR, but dont really wanna fork out the loot.

SO I think this will be just about right. Can you pre-order anywhere?
    April 05, 2012 - The Day We Turned Back Time

My Guns Only Have TWO Enemies... Rust & Politicians
    Hi Wendy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pancake81's Avatar
    Not Sur eif you guys saw this vid, but pretty neat. I like the idea about the flip rifle/pistol sights

ht_tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOWO70mpPI
    April 05, 2012 - The Day We Turned Back Time

My Guns Only Have TWO Enemies... Rust & Politicians
    Hi Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieT View Post
    In 1998, scary looks would be enough, but that ship has sailed... for now.

Although it looks scary, it doesn't look like any scary rifles on the proscribed list. Therefore, although the CFC/RCMP seem to define things as they see fit, there are limits.

It will be not be prohibited. To all those who disagree, I'd be willing to take any wagers.
    What is the Type 97 based on? I still don't have mine because the RCMP shat their collective pants when a bunch of them got into port.

And regardless of what they say, I still don't buy the "easily converted to full auto" BS
    Share the love, one round at a time

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    What is the Type 97 based on? I still don't have mine because the RCMP shat their collective pants when a bunch of them got into port.

And regardless of what they say, I still don't buy the "easily converted to full auto" BS
    Apparently they claim it can be easily converted into full auto, but they will only tell people if the swore in court not to release info into public.

My guess is simply sanding off the dis connector. It works for every guns AFAIK.
    People do that in blow-back airsoft guns to change them into full auto. Not the safest I will say for sure.