Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - EMA Tactical (ex-CAA) Glock Carbine Kit

The HERA is fixed LOP right?

Anyone have detailed pics of the HERA or RONI charging handle block?

I'm thinking some creative modifcation may be in order to get them to fit rear aftermarket sights.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDuc View Post
    The HERA is fixed LOP right?
    Yes, fixed stock.

Anyone have detailed pics of the HERA or RONI charging handle block?
    I'm thinking some creative modifcation may be in order to get them to fit rear aftermarket sights.
    On the Hera GCC you replace the rear sight with a block for the charging handle; I believe this is the same on the RONI (but I haven't received mine yet so I can't confirm).

If you (or anyone else) would like any close-up or detailed pictures of any part of the Hera GCC just let me know and I'll post them later. --Jay
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

BANNED
    From the pictures I can't see how you could still use the pistol sights on this. They probably mean you don't have to remove either of the sights (which you do for the rear sight with the Roni and Hera, because this is where you install a block to work with the charging handle).
    In the video it is a drop in setup, doesn't appear to be a step which involves messing with the rear site or a charging handle..

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup View Post
    In the video it is a drop in setup, doesn't appear to be a step which involves messing with the rear site or a charging handle..
    I'm fairly certain they skipped an installation step in the video. On the KPOS, you remove the slide plate and you replace it with a custom part that connects to the charging handle; on the HERA, you replace the rear sight with a block that catches the charging handle.

Look at the 0:13 mark in this video and you'll clearly see there's a separate piece that attaches to the rear/top of the Glock. Whether this clips on, replaces the rear sight, slide plate, etc. - it's obviously a separate process. So sure, absolutely - once you finish this base installation - it looks fairly straight-forward to install the Glock into the RONI.

[youtube]SpNA-TZnMC4[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    It's like a ring that hooks over the back of the slide in front of the rear sight and works as an ambi cocking lever... no modification to the gun are required.

Mark
    I asked the same question about mods to the gun and this is what mark said.

It's like a ring that hooks over the back of the slide in front of the rear sight and works as an ambi cocking lever... no modification to the gun are required.
    Sounds like a slick setup; can't wait to see how it works.

So Blaxsun.... are you able to aim and shoot the glock with the cocking lever mounted and not in the HERA?

i.e. can you leave the cocking lever on permanently?

On the Glock the charging handle slips over the serrations in the slide on both sides.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

Quote Originally Posted by RedDuc View Post
    So Blaxsun.... are you able to aim and shoot the glock with the cocking lever mounted and not in the HERA? i.e. can you leave the cocking lever on permanently?
    Yes, although accuracy would probably be effected with the removal of the rear sight, and the exchanged pin would preclude the use of a holster. Maybe I'll try to upload some pictures in a bit that show the parts that change on the Hera (essentially you swap out the #34 pin with a wider version and you replace the rear sight with a higher block that catches the charging handle on the GCC).

If the question is how much work is it to convert your "Hera" Glock back to a standard configuration, the answer is just a few minutes. For myself, though - I bought the Hera kit as a permanent addition to my Glock 17 (I figured it was cheaper than a TP9 and allowed me to use all my standard 10-rnd magazines).

I've been working on a comparison chart for all three conversion kits, so if anyone has any firsthand experience with the RONI (mine's still backordered) or the KPOS I'd love to hear from you.

Well I've committed to getting the EMA so you can expect my usual detailed pics when it arrives. I'm pretty sure I'll have to mod the charging handle to accomodate my TruGlo sights which are without a doubt bulky.

I thought this was a "zero mod" deal for the RONI.... removing the rear sight would be a PITA.

Is the Charging handle on the HERA polymer? Does anyone know about the EMA?