Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - EMA Tactical (ex-CAA) Glock Carbine Kit

BANNED
    Had the KPOS out the other day, and shot it side by side @ 25 yds on some steel, against a red dot equipped Beretta Storm. The KPOS had AR 15 clamp on BUIS iron sights, which proved to SUCK BIG TIME in the dim/rainy weather we shot in. We had trouble picking up the front sight post, and the large rear aperature was way too big.

The consensus was that the Red Dot sighted Storm was faster shooting than the iron sighted KPOS, but that the mag changes with the KPOS were faster.

I put a cheap red Dot on the KPOS for the next try ... 50 yds for accuracy, and maybe a few more 25 yd fast passes.

I heard theese might not be in until April now

PC, just buy more ammo!

I just bought another 5000 rnds of 9mm to go along with the 5000 rnds i already have.

A little review of the Hera I bought from Blax. Blax pretty much described it very well in his post. Its a very nice kit,very light,balances well and it`s very slim.

Downside is you have to remove the rear sight so I would say your Glock is going to be dedicated to the HERA. The Glock slide release will not work with the kit. I had one of the small c-clips that go on ends of the pin fly off sometime during shooting and the bolt that attaches at the front should be longer as it barely catches any threads on the nut.

Even after this being said it does hold the Glock very securely. The G 17 I used was new and has a pretty crappy trigger, needs a trigger job badly. I also added a Lone Wolf 6' barrel.

Here it is loaded up with foregrip,Dr optic,light and green lasermax

Standing 15 yard 10rd rapid fire each group with 4 mag changes as quick as I could.

Standing 7 yard 10rd rapid fire each group from the hip using the laser with 4 mag changes as quick as I could

I fired 300rds total that day,no failures at all. Just gota now work on my Glock trigger skills

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Thanks for the range repot OZZ!

RONI-related, I went to hook-up a sling to it the other day... and couldn't find a sling mount! I think a sling will work but it will need to be the kind that has a loop or strap so you can either wrap it around the rear of the body or the handle on the stock.

Glock-related... The RTF Glocks will work on the GCC - but not the RONI (the charging handle for the RONI requires the vertical grooves). Can anyone confirm that the Gen 4 Glocks are the same frame width as the Gen 3's? Otherwise I'm not sure either will work in the fixed-width frames of the RONI and GCC.

If there's anyone in Saskatoon that has one of the new Gen 4 Glocks and you wouldn't mind helping me for an hour some evening we'd be able to update members with compatibility (please PM me if you're interested, thanks).
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    RONI Update... our shipment is "in the air" as I write this... Will be here next week and should clear Customs by end of next week.

Enough units to fill all of our backorders.

Mark

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    RONI-related, I went to hook-up a sling to it the other day... and couldn't find a sling mount! I think a sling will work but it will need to be the kind that has a loop or strap so you can either wrap it around the rear of the body or the handle on the stock.
    Check your unit again... on the pictures you posted your unit does appear to have the holes for Push Button QD mounts to attach sling... 2 on each side of the unit... up front and at rear.

This is exactly how LMT (for example) attaches slings to their MRP Rifles (using these QD points built right into the MRP and their SOPMOD buttstock)... Knight's now incorporate those attachment points right into their lower receivers (eg. SR-15 E3 IWS).

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    Check your unit again... on the pictures you posted your unit does appear to have the holes for Push Button QD mounts to attach sling... 2 on each side of the unit... up front and at rear.
    Ah yes, you are correct. It never occurred to me that they were QD mounts. Makes perfect sense. Thanks.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Mine was sent out today
    Should be here next week.