Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - EMA Tactical (ex-CAA) Glock Carbine Kit

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYNET View Post
    HA HA, looks like these things are prohib in the USA.
    Makes me want one even more now.
    Not prohibited.... just classified as a SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) and therefore Class III Firearm... means the purchaser has to pay a $200 SOT (tax stamp) to own it and pass a Federal Class III background check for approval.

This is no different than adding a Mako Stock to your Glock or certain other acccessories... changing the handgun to an SBR under US Federal (NFA) laws.

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark. The way people are carrying on about it on the US forums the $200 seems to be the big obstacle for most. I have to admit I was feeling a bit smug that we could have something firearms related that they could not.
    By the way. Are you able to get these things in?

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYNET View Post
    Thanks for the info Mark. The way people are carrying on about it on the US forums the $200 seems to be the big obstacle for most. I have to admit I was feeling a bit smug that we could have something firearms related that they could not.
    By the way. Are you able to get these things in?
    Class III in the US is NOT available to everyone. Some states will NOT allow their residents to own Class III firearms... some will but with restrictions and some have no restrictions at all. It's quite complicated and varies by location. US gun laws are as crazy as ours and in some ways much worse.

The EMA "Roni" is a really nice product... well designed and quite well constructed. I spent considerable time at the show with the owner (and designer), who was at SHOT (he is from Israel). We will be importing the product line for sale in Canada and expect first units to be here quite soon.

The product will be available for Glock, SIG, CZ and H&K pistols.

The Glock version is ready now and will come in 3 colours (Black, FDE and OD/Foliage Green).

SIG version is expect to follow a few months later along with the CZ and H&K models. There is even a version coming for the FN FiveSeven Pistol.

We have not finalized pricing but suffice to say that we expect to market these at considerably less than the $550.00 price that was previously mentioned earlier in this thread.

More details should be posted on our website shortly and pre-orders will be welcome at that time.

Mark

Less than 550!!!!! Dam you Mark, Dam you all the Hell!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Here's the product video... gives a better look at what it is, how it works, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpNA-TZnMC4

Mark

Hopefully this CAA product is alot better than the CAA products that I have sitting in a box because they suck.

Hi Mark

Just a question for you.You said you seen the product at shot show.
    What is on the glock at the back of slide in the video?Is this something you have to add to the glock to make it fit?
    Just curious

From the video it is the external cocking lever that comes with the kit. Looks like a clamp on but hard to tell from the vid, confirmation Mark??
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    FWIW we have them coming as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Are these available for a Glock 20?
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953