Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Beretta ARX-160 new Italian Assualt Rifle at SHOT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jarlath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy49 View Post
    The Beretta Rep that I talked to at the booth while I was drooling on this told us that it was a minimum 12 months to US production, so all of you who are turning blue from holding your breath start breathing again.

The reps at the show had literally seen the thing for the first time on the weekend, and only one guy at the booth new how to strip it. When Rauch and I were there, he was busy so we didn't get to see it in pieces. Nobody had any idea on price.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GLOCKAHOLIC View Post
    Just like all the new toys at shot show, they get us all fluffed up only to find out it will be years before they are imported into Canada.
    I guarantee it will be years before stoeger can imports these.

Don't mean to burst any bubbles hear...its just the way it goes!
    The rifle did indeed look very nice and simple in takedown. The ARX has been prototyping for two years already. In fact the 2010 SHOT Show was the first public showing.

While they do have future plans for Civilian sales, that point is a several years down the road. Then exporting MIGHT happen. So IF they get into Canada, the earliest would be after 2015.
    "Every loss of a soldier is a significant one. These great Canadians, died serving Canada and the people of Afghanistan."
    Modified statement of Col. Mike Cessford, deputy commander of Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.

Vice President for the Canadian Shooting Sports Association www.cssa-cila.org
    Active participant of the ODPL www.odplonline.org

The one at SHOT is a production model - the Italian army had received 1600 rifles already. The civilian timeline is for the US market.

Stoeger should take the lead of requesting its parent company Beretta Italy to get the semi-out directly out from Italy, instead of sitting around to wait for things to happen, or see what Beretta USA is doing. The Canadian and European market can easily digest thousand of these in a heart beat,more than enough for them to make a production run.

It is good timing now - Beretta has the line setup already and waiting for the big army order. A canadian order will help them to get the line going, instead of being idle.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

A completely ambidextrous rifle, just like my CX4 Storm, in a non-restricted flavour?

And here I thought my Visa had no more utility.

CGN frequent flyer
    Just saw the Youtube video of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JejzPiUYYzg&feature=sub

DO WANT!!! holy crap at first I thought it was copying SCAR's idea, but no, barrel swap, 3 magazine release, charging handle and ejection switch This gun is more advance than SCAR or ACR in my opinion, now just prey for the 18.5" and Wendy hands off this

This will demolish ACR when it hits the commerical market - they are stupid not to make commercial release a priority. The US commercial market can outpace some LE/Military markets easily - look at FN F2000 and P90. ( and potentially HK416)

Italian army only have like 100K personnel. Bushmaster made more rifles than 100K in 2 years.......It will be stupid not to go for the high margin civilian market right the way.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Wow, they've really done a good job of it. Barrel change was amazing. No tools for anything. Go Beretta!

It's so good, even my baby boy can't keep his eyes off it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    I've got a hard on for this rifle.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

I find it a bit ugly, but I would take one unrestricted.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    My bank account will never be safe...