Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Lewis Maching and Tools - 308 rifle system

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USP View Post
    It seems I have hurt some fragile feelings. Ok explain why KAC is worth sometimes 2x or 3x more than say LMT comparable products? I use the word crap solely to show lack of value...not that I think any of their stuff is bad product..which it isnt.

Knights even makes HK stuff look cheap by comparison!!
    yeah, fragile
    You can't blame KAC for the prices up here...they are a defence contractor and can't get export permits to sell their stuff to civilians here. Bottom line is market demand will dictate price. It doesn't make it crap. It doesn't make them crap. Value is in the eye of the owner, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    yeah, fragile
    You can't blame KAC for the prices up here...they are a defence contractor and can't get export permits to sell their stuff to civilians here. Bottom line is market demand will dictate price. It doesn't make it crap. It doesn't make them crap. Value is in the eye of the owner, get over it.
    Ive already said I was abit hasty with the word crap :D. Look at the prices Knights charges in the US as well.... they arent exactly a bottom feeder

I guess Im just happy that finally we will be able to have a decent LMT alternative to the SR25 type gun, not exactly the same but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M View Post
    MSRP of $2200 in the States means it'll probably end up being about $3 bajillion up here. Don't get your hopes up on the $2200 MSRP, fellas... not yet, anyways :D

-M
    P.S. I want one too.
    Even if its $4400 its still a good deal. :D

CGN frequent flyer
    I find it incredibly informative that LMT's latest offering, obviously a good piece of kit if it won the UK trial, appears to be the 'obsolete' direct inpingement gas system.
    It make me more and more sure that the supposed superiority of the piston systems over DI is just more marketing BS, driving the sales of new units.
    Cheap, quick, and good...you can only have two!

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat View Post
    I find it incredibly informative that LMT's latest offering, obviously a good piece of kit if it won the UK trial, appears to be the 'obsolete' direct inpingement gas system.
    It make me more and more sure that the supposed superiority of the piston systems over DI is just more marketing BS, driving the sales of new units.
    Why would it matter? These are semi auto sniper rifles, are they not. I would think that the rate and volume of fire would be relatively low. So not so much gunk in the action. It should be very reliable.

CPC MEMBER and SUSTAINING DONOR
    CSSA Member
    I hate my nick, but I can't change it now!

Tactical Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    yeah, fragile
    Beltfed sry not true! Yes they are a defense contractor that has nothing to do with the civilian part of commerce or getting export permits.

You guys do realize LMT does alot of the work for KAC.

BTW Very Nice Rifle Cant wait !
    Last edited by jmiddy; 01-22-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: aded info

figures the brits would want a "lewis" gun lol

yuck yuck yuck

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Will the RCMP call it an AR variant?
    Of course, because it is an AR. We should be more focused on de-restricting the AR platform than worrying what is a variant.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    LMT displayed the 308 rifle which they had won the UK trial.

The UK rifle spots a 16" SS barrel with a guaranteed accuracy of 1.5 MOA out to 800m, with 155gr Scenar match. The civilian version will initially come with a 16" chromlined barrel - and later with a 18" version. The bolt carrier will be chromelined. The rifle uses SR25 magazine system. Like the MRP, the barrel is interchangeable.

Civilian Version - identical, except for the barrel:
    Damn, I'd love to take that civvy version out hunting deer and elk!!!!!
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast