SHOT SHOW 2010 - Lewis Maching and Tools - 308 rifle system

It seems I have hurt some fragile feelings. Ok explain why KAC is worth sometimes 2x or 3x more than say LMT comparable products? I use the word crap solely to show lack of value...not that I think any of their stuff is bad product..which it isnt.

Knights even makes HK stuff look cheap by comparison!!

yeah, fragile:rolleyes:
You can't blame KAC for the prices up here...they are a defence contractor and can't get export permits to sell their stuff to civilians here. Bottom line is market demand will dictate price. It doesn't make it crap. It doesn't make them crap. Value is in the eye of the owner, get over it.

You can't blame KAC for the prices up here...they are a defence contractor and can't get export permits to sell their stuff to civilians here. Bottom line is market demand will dictate price. It doesn't make it crap. It doesn't make them crap. Value is in the eye of the owner, get over it.

Ive already said I was abit hasty with the word crap :D. Look at the prices Knights charges in the US as well.... they arent exactly a bottom feeder :rolleyes:

I guess Im just happy that finally we will be able to have a decent LMT alternative to the SR25 type gun, not exactly the same but close enough.

MSRP of $2200 in the States means it'll probably end up being about $3 bajillion up here. Don't get your hopes up on the $2200 MSRP, fellas... not yet, anyways :D

-M
P.S. I want one too.

Even if its $4400 its still a good deal. :D

I find it incredibly informative that LMT's latest offering, obviously a good piece of kit if it won the UK trial, appears to be the 'obsolete' direct inpingement gas system.
It make me more and more sure that the supposed superiority of the piston systems over DI is just more marketing BS, driving the sales of new units.

I find it incredibly informative that LMT's latest offering, obviously a good piece of kit if it won the UK trial, appears to be the 'obsolete' direct inpingement gas system.
It make me more and more sure that the supposed superiority of the piston systems over DI is just more marketing BS, driving the sales of new units.

Why would it matter? These are semi auto sniper rifles, are they not. I would think that the rate and volume of fire would be relatively low. So not so much gunk in the action. It should be very reliable.

Beltfed sry not true! Yes they are a defense contractor that has nothing to do with the civilian part of commerce or getting export permits.

You guys do realize LMT does alot of the work for KAC.

BTW Very Nice Rifle Cant wait !

Last edited:
LMT displayed the 308 rifle which they had won the UK trial.

The UK rifle spots a 16" SS barrel with a guaranteed accuracy of 1.5 MOA out to 800m, with 155gr Scenar match. The civilian version will initially come with a 16" chromlined barrel - and later with a 18" version. The bolt carrier will be chromelined. The rifle uses SR25 magazine system. Like the MRP, the barrel is interchangeable.

4294459582_5660fdf6c8_o.jpg

4294459514_27ecc85a11_o.jpg

Civilian Version - identical, except for the barrel:
4293718635_886c5fcec8_o.jpg

Damn, I'd love to take that civvy version out hunting deer and elk!!!!!

We were told the MSRP is about 2200 USD ( based on my memory), we will confirm it once we retrieve our notes from luggage.

• US Price is $2,500.00 according to LMT's price list.
  • Right now we estimate Canadian price to be @ $3,000 to $3,200 but that's not final yet.
  • For those that seemed "unclear" this is an AR and therefore classified as "Restricted".

Mark

Now thats a gun in a decent calibre for a change.... I would like one too, but i doubt they will ever be available to us.

Hmmm, a bit more realistic for me compared to the KAC one. Even closer to $4000 would still be worth it, I think.

Is it compatible with AR10 lowers?

That will be my third LMT gun once it gets here. :D

I want the better barrel, though.

De-restrict the AR!

For those complaining about DI system, it beat the HK 417 in the accuracy trials...

• US Price is $2,500.00 according to LMT's price list.
  • Right now we estimate Canadian price to be @ $3,000 to $3,200 but that's not final yet.

[*]For those that seemed "unclear" this is an AR and therefore classified as "Restricted".

Mark

Yeah, I know, DAMMIT!!!:mad:

That will be my third LMT gun once it gets here. :D

I want the better barrel, though.

De-restrict the AR!:dancingbanana:

For those complaining about DI system, it beat the HK 417 in the accuracy trials...

It would be great if the boneheads in Ottawa would realize that the AR platform is a GREAT modular hunting firearm!

However, I am curious as to why the price differential is as large as it is given the current value of the Canadian dollar. Is it that the market is that small up here that you can't get a reasonable discount off the retail price from the manufacturer?

Does anyone know if the 16" barrelled rifle that won the UK trials equipped with a fixed stock or the SOPMOD?

... However, I am curious as to why the price differential is as large as it is given the current value of the Canadian dollar. Is it that the market is that small up here that you can't get a reasonable discount off the retail price from the manufacturer?

Not sure how you figure $500 (estimated) is an overly large price differential.

With a $2,500 MSRP in the US and the costs involved for currency, shipping (from LMT to our US office), export permit fees and processing costs, international transport costs, custom brokerage costs, handling costs, and the costs to us to backup the manufacturer's warranty on this side of the border... well $500 is actually quite reasonable (in my opinion).

Remember too that our Canadian price includes $9.99 shipping right across Canada (that obviously costs us a lot more than $9.99).

The reason we gave a "range" is obviously that we simply don't know what actual currency will be when the gun finally starts shipping to us. It would be quite easy to see a significant increase in our currancy cost and that could add a couple hundred dollars to the cost right there.

Sorry but you're dreaming if you expect Canadian prices to be the same as US pricing.... it's just not realistic.

If you want to buy it on the US side then US pricing is no problem (be happy to do that for you) but if you want to buy it and take delivery on the Canadian side then the price is higher to account for the additional costs and services being included in that price... it's as simple as that.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom