Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Benelli MR1

I wonder how this gun will shoot with a scope. The reviews i've read are almost unanimous about the fact that mounting and using a scope will be difficult because of the lack of height of the stock. Not a very usefull gun for me if i cant decently use a scope on the gun. But maybe someone will think about that and fix that.

What do you think??

RYBACK!!!

http://combatrifle.net/news5.htm

I would prefer this one by far!! But it's not on Benilli's site... Maybe just a prototype.

RYBACK!!

I am on the band wagon, as long as they are non res.

any idea on the calib?

Quote Originally Posted by idbltap View Post
    I am on the band wagon, as long as they are non res.

any idea on the calib?
    5.56x45mm (.223 rem), uses AR mags as well. Ryback, Ive got a Benelli Supernova Tactical with the same pistol grip stock as the MR1, it has alot of drop to bring the sights up to your eyes, but it was originally designed for the shotgun where iron sights are dominant. It may be necessary to remove the irons and use some low rings to get a good cheek weld and sight picture with a scope. Expect alot of muzzle jump due to the dropped stock and no muzzle brake. I heard that due to the design of the handguard and the way it slides off the barrel, its not possible to use a brake. It should be Non-res, its only relation to the AR is caliber and magazine interchangability, plus its supposed to have a 20" barrel for Canada. Lets hope thats all true and the RCMP see it the same way... because I want one :D

So since it is a manually actuated action and not semi auto can you use a 30 round AR mag unlimited?? Mag limit for rifles is for semi auto only right??
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

Sorry never mind, just looked at the gun again and it is a semi. hmmmmm......
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewz View Post
    Sorry never mind, just looked at the gun again and it is a semi. hmmmmm......
    Got excited, huh?....
    But there is only one person that I see on CGN as being truly despicable by every ethical and moral standards and worse: to be dangerous to the community itself, and that's Cyclone the subversive.

CGN frequent flyer peter2772000's Avatar
    Poor Drewz. I think I see a wet spot
    Never fart in a wet suit

http://www.canadacarry.org/

Proud member of CSSA, NFA, CASD & NRA

Yup, but these new bounty towels are seper absorbant!!!!!! lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 00Buck's Avatar
    Benelli confirmed that there will be a 20" version for Canada and it WILL BE NON-RESTRICTED. It will take AR magazines. It may come with a collapsable or fixed stock. The configuration has not been decided yet.

If you want to hear the man from Benelli say it himself listen to the EXA interview on Canadian Reload Radio.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast