Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amused by Marstar's use of express post for break-free

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    #1 BCSHOOTER;
    The rates posted do not apply to us, we have a volume, commercial account....For instance ALL parcels that leave here go Expeditied parcel post for what wlak ins at the post office would pay for regular parcel post.
    John
    So do I ,
    The rate i posted was just a example . The point I was trying to make is the level of service between regular parcel & expedited is no different .It dose not speed up shipping times. It is just a fancy sticker they put on the box for business customers . You sent me a expedited order recently Can post tracking included estimated delivery was 13 days actually took 19 days . I sent you a return expedited package . Tracking showed estimated delivery 10 days actually took 8 days . I guess the trucks get a good tail wind heading east .( LOL ) Anyway this is getting off topic so if you want to put your caps lock on & yell at me that I am wrong go for it & you can have the last word .
    "That's all I have to say about that" (Forest Gump)
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Expired Business
    #1BCSHOOTER;
    Nice to see that someone out there understands that, at best, Canada Post is somewhat variable in the deliveries they make....

Two weeks ago my daughter mailed a box to me From Waterloo at 3pm at 8am the following morning it was here.... Go figure.
    Yet ordinary mail takes 4-5 days from Montreal or Ottawa, either one only 100km away....

What the public does not appreciate is how well organized Canada Post is, if my friend down the road 15km on the Quebec side of the river,were to mail us a simple envelope
    it would first travel to the sorting center in Montreal (100km) then be sent to the sorting center in Ottawa (200km) then onward to Vankleek Hill (100km) so 400kilometers to deliver a letter from 15km away, now tell me that is not effiency !

But like every government run business it is not effecient, not profitable, costs us a lot.
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OneBarfly's Avatar
    My Livingroom Office: Ont - Marshes of the east
    Understood, and I am no apologist for Canada Post (or the other company they own: Purolator) There still is ecomomy of scale, in that central "hubs" can reduce overall cost. I recently had a piece of machinery go from Buffalo-Memphis-Toronto. It would have made more sense just to be trucked to Toronto direct, but the overall rate was about the same

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RMXC51's Avatar
    As a novice gun nut, I love the service Marstar provides. My JW-14 shipped right away, and in a free hard plastic rifle case I wasn't expecting! Looking forward to getting more stuff down the line, M14, Tokarev, etc.

john is a stand up guy....all hail Marstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED
    Freak!
    I love this stuff so much that everytime I place an order with them...
    I end up getting 6 bottles.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    The point I was trying to make is the level of service between regular parcel & expedited is no different .)
    Yes there is a difference. Packages arrive sooner when I ship Expedited, than when I used to ship Regular.

There's also the guaranteed delivery date, and $100 insurance included.

I too can agree with you because I placed an order and it's been 8 days already and my shotgun quad rail isn't even in the shipping department. 8 days and my order has not shipped? I think this will be my first and last purchase from marstar
    If You're A Real Man Then Every Shirt Is A Muscle Shirt

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    #1BCSHOOTER;
    Nice to see that someone out there understands that, at best, Canada Post is somewhat variable in the deliveries they make....

Two weeks ago my daughter mailed a box to me From Waterloo at 3pm at 8am the following morning it was here.... Go figure.
    Yet ordinary mail takes 4-5 days from Montreal or Ottawa, either one only 100km away....

What the public does not appreciate is how well organized Canada Post is, if my friend down the road 15km on the Quebec side of the river,were to mail us a simple envelope
    it would first travel to the sorting center in Montreal (100km) then be sent to the sorting center in Ottawa (200km) then onward to Vankleek Hill (100km) so 400kilometers to deliver a letter from 15km away, now tell me that is not effiency !

But like every government run business it is not effecient, not profitable, costs us a lot.
    John
    Just for the record Canada Post doesn't cost "us a lot" as it it has been profitable for all but one year in the last seventeen years. Also, it is a crown corporation so
    it is not "govenerment run."

The bigger question is why don't you just use UPS if Canada Post provides such a horrible service?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingismylife View Post
    I too can agree with you because I placed an order and it's been 8 days already and my shotgun quad rail isn't even in the shipping department. 8 days and my order has not shipped? I think this will be my first and last purchase from marstar
    February 2010 to September 2012!

This must be a record for resurrecting a necrothread to make a whinepost!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast