Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amused by Marstar's use of express post for break-free

BANNED

Amused by Marstar's use of express post for break-free

So after much debate with myself, finally ordered some 'Break Free'. Called about Tuesday, was told it would be shipped express post next day.

The next week, when it hadn't shown up, I called back. "Ah yes, it's going out tomorrow".

And sure enough it did- and arrived about 2 days later.

But gosh- sure am glad I called. The shipping order was raised minutes after I called to follow up.

And it's a little silly to pay express post rates if someone's going to sit on an order for a week before sending it.

Still, great product at a great price, and at the rate I use it, they'll be some left for my 3year old to use (if in the future we're still allowed to own firearms, that is!).

Expired Business
    NNTW;
    We apologize for any delay we have been VERY busy....

You should note that you are NOT charged extra for our expedited parcel service because of the contract we have with Canada Post....

However there must have been some misundestanding regarding "next day" delivery, that would have to expedited 1st class, that would cost several times the value of the goods....

Regards
    John

BANNED
    Hi John:

Am very impressed that you'd take the trouble to respond- thank you!

As I tried to convey, no big deal really... still, I'm glad I followed up when I did. I wasn't expecting next day DELIVERY, but I understood it was being sent out the day after I placed my initial order.

I was disappointed that it only shipped after I called back to find out its status.
    Last edited by nntw; 02-04-2010 at 11:35 AM.

All Hail John, now about that plunder spring i ordered long time ago that was to small, oh well #### happens lol, no worries.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NNTW;
    We apologize for any delay we have been VERY busy....

You should note that you are NOT charged extra for our expedited parcel service because of the contract we have with Canada Post....

However there must have been some misundestanding regarding "next day" delivery, that would have to expedited 1st class, that would cost several times the value of the goods....

Regards
    John
    Whats the difference ?
    Other than 1 day in delivery time the cost looks the same

Expedited Parcel™ 6 business days (Guaranteed) $27.06Options
    Collection on Delivery $7.25
    Mailing Tube $1.00
    Delivery Confirmation Incl.
    Signature Option $1.50
    Unpackaged Incl.
    Rate Summary
    Base Price $17.24
    Coverage* $Update $0.00
    Fuel Surcharge $1.03
    Options $0.00
    Oversize Fee $7.50
    Tax $1.29
    Total $27.06
    *Coverage Details: Up to $100.00 included. Maximum $5,000.00 @ $1.15 per $100.00.

Regular Parcel™ 7 business days $27.06Options
    Collection on Delivery $7.25
    Mailing Tube $1.00
    Delivery Confirmation Incl.
    Signature Option $1.50
    Unpackaged Incl.
    Rate Summary
    Base Price $17.24
    Coverage* $Update $0.00
    Fuel Surcharge $1.03
    Options $0.00
    Oversize Fee $7.50
    Tax $1.29
    Total $27.06
    *Coverage Details: $0.00 included. Maximum $5,000.00 @ $1.15 per $100.00.
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

I buy from the other suppliers. Nothing personal John, but they ain't too busy to ship orders and that's why I won't buy anything from you.

Nothing personal, but 'We're too busy' is bogus.
    Cursed by many
    Blessed by Bushmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfilthie View Post
    I buy from the other suppliers. Nothing personal John, but they ain't too busy to ship orders and that's why I won't buy anything from you.

Nothing personal, but 'We're too busy' is bogus.
    Not trying to be rude, but the fact that John replied quickly and politely explaining why there was a delay shows that he is honest and, more importantly, human. I'm sure we all think we are perfect, but considering the size of his business, #### happens. John didn't try to lie or make up an excuse - he told it like it was. I have dealt with all the major firearm suppliers in Canada, and regardless who they are, little things like this happen occasionally. Dismissing Marstar because of this one incident is wrong.
    What did the Glock say after it fell off a truck, bounced on the highway, skidded across asphalt, got hit by a car, and run over by an 18 wheeler?

DON'T TREAD ON ME

RIP SMOKINDONUTS

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePunisher View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but the fact that John replied quickly and politely explaining why there was a delay shows that he is honest and, more importantly, human. I'm sure we all think we are perfect, but considering the size of his business, s**t happens. John didn't try to lie or make up an excuse - he told it like it was. I have dealt with all the major firearm suppliers in Canada, and regardless who they are, little things like this happen occasionally. Dismissing Marstar because of this one incident is wrong.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

no doubt that sometimes shipping can be slow. but for the price, quality of his gear i understand when sometimes schit happens. but i mean come on guys, not only are they super busy shipping orders out to us, they are actively trying to find us super deals. if you want really fast delivery, go to the OTHER guys who charge you 50-75 % more. they are quite slow, and will have your order out right away. hehe. im not bashing anyone here, just tossing my coins in the fountain.

I mod everything of mine. Hell, my gf's sporting a wonderful pair of 36D's, thanks to my penchant for modifications!

Dirt McGirt Yo yall need ta holla at da store on yo celly not postin up in dis ma.

Expired Business
    #1 BCSHOOTER;
    The rates posted do not apply to us, we have a volume, commercial account....
    For instance ALL parcels that leave here go Expeditied parcel post for what wlak ins at the post office would pay for regular parcel post.
    John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast