Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usually how long does it take before Marstar ship your order...

Expired Business
    SHIPPING TIMES;

The feature is right on the site, you can track your order.... If not there then there is a problem, call

John

Expired Business
    DELAYS IN SHIPPING 7.62x39 aqmmunition

Yes we are running behind on our SKS ammo packages.

Back in December our scheduled containers were delayed in Germany, we had to reschedule, first one arrived last week, another next week, two more in February.... Then back to our regular monthly schedule

So we ran out,and since more than 95% of the 7.62x39 surplus ammo in Canada comes though us, so did many dealers in Canada....

Sorry about the delay but it will take at least another seven days to catch up on the back log....

n the past week we have shipped over one million rounds and a couple of hundred SKS.... Yes we are busy

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    PAUL STUD;

"You guys need to start calling rather than using a forum. It would just be way simpler. "

How radical, how logical, be careful my friend less they start saying you make sense.... Thank you for understanding

John
    It's probably because I'm new to the gun community.

Coming from the high performance/racing automotive world, typically we save online bitching for when personal, telephone, email contact doesn't resolve the problem. This gun stuff is backwards.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I bought my first restricted from Marstar not two weeks ago (Pietta SAA "Tombstone" 7.5" 45 colt), along with a few misc items. It was shipped within maybe 2 working days of the order being placed, max - I was impressed (I had expected delays in getting the paperwork done, but our CFO seems to be on the ball).

I was LESS impressed with Canada Post sitting on the package in Hawksbury (or someplace similar) for 5 Days before sending it on the big road west (Canada Post tracking claimed a Jan 23rd delivery right up until it arrived on the 28th).

So: Nice looking pistol. Effortless purchase. Canada Post needs to shape up. Marstar is Marvelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I bought my first restricted from Marstar not two weeks ago (Pietta SAA "Tombstone" 7.5" 45 colt), along with a few misc items. It was shipped within maybe 2 working days of the order being placed, max - I was impressed (I had expected delays in getting the paperwork done, but our CFO seems to be on the ball).

I was LESS impressed with Canada Post sitting on the package in Hawksbury (or someplace similar) for 5 Days before sending it on the big road west (Canada Post tracking claimed a Jan 23rd delivery right up until it arrived on the 28th).

So: Nice looking pistol. Effortless purchase. Canada Post needs to shape up. Marstar is Marvelous.
    I hear ya, Canada Post likes to sit on things.

Expired Business
    PAUL STUD;
    Canada Post have some strange procedures.... For example although we are in the Vankleek Hill Post office zone when the truck picks up here they deliver to the Hawkesbury post office for processing.
    The same day all mail is trucked to Ottawa for sorting and forwarding, if they put it aside or don't scan a given parcel it becomes lost in cyberspace only to reappear a few days later.
    It is difficult for one to reconcile their planning, for instance we are halfway between Ottawa and Montreal, 100kms in either direction.... When we ship a parcel to a customer across the river say 25-30kms away in Quebec, the parcel goes to Ottawa for sorting and then on to Montreal for further sorting and then to the town of destination a trip of some 250Kms for what should be five times less.... But who can question their planning....?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    PAUL STUD;
    Canada Post have some strange procedures.... For example although we are in the Vankleek Hill Post office zone when the truck picks up here they deliver to the Hawkesbury post office for processing.
    The same day all mail is trucked to Ottawa for sorting and forwarding, if they put it aside or don't scan a given parcel it becomes lost in cyberspace only to reappear a few days later.
    It is difficult for one to reconcile their planning, for instance we are halfway between Ottawa and Montreal, 100kms in either direction.... When we ship a parcel to a customer across the river say 25-30kms away in Quebec, the parcel goes to Ottawa for sorting and then on to Montreal for further sorting and then to the town of destination a trip of some 250Kms for what should be five times less.... But who can question their planning....?
    John
    Sounds about right. I've been using them for years, and I can't figure them out. I've called them countless times to argue about it.

But what choice do we have really? They are far far cheaper, with no hidden brokerage. Sure UPS would be way faster, but it would also be 3 times the price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stud View Post
    Sounds about right. I've been using them for years, and I can't figure them out. I've called them countless times to argue about it.

But what choice do we have really? They are far far cheaper, with no hidden brokerage. Sure UPS would be way faster, but it would also be 3 times the price.
    Yes U are correct about UPS and brokerage fees. What a rip off. However brokerage fees only apply if the item crosses the international boundary. UPS is faster if the item originates in Canada and is delivered to a Canadian address. What irks me about UPS is the fact that if you have ordered a firearm like a restricted or even a non restricted 9 chances out of 10 they will leave it on your front door for all to steal. No security at all even though I believe if it is a firearm U must sign for it when delivered. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by davidsbyang View Post
    after they've charged your CC?
    Day or two. Was never too long for me to complain...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123