Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7171920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Review Russian SKS rifles from www.westrifle.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    Westrifle is a great company and I'm sure they will try to help you out. There are a lot of take off stocks out there, so finding another shouldn't be to hard. They do sell some very nice condition SKS's at Westrifle.
    That looked like a matching ser # stock so if that rifle was a non-refurb , putting on another stock reduces the value .
    If he didn't pay a premium (non-refurb price) I would replace the stock with a lament stock & as stated earlier leave a small gap at the rear of the mount when you cut the stock .
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Lots of serial numbers were force matched on it from the arsenal but 100% of all numbers were matching, this SKS was in such a good brand new condition. I'm concerned about the resell value though, since when I'm considering a big purchase like this one (490+tx) I always think about the resell value as a way of investing part of my money. The resell value got hit pretty hard because of their mistake but we'll see what happens, tomorrow is monday, I wasn't expecting them to answer on weekends.

Tuesday.. For some reasons I don't feel like I will be a priority for them... Hopefully they answer my email someday.
    I'm afraid the stock is weakened now and might crack more in the future.

I'll wait for a complete experience before I go write reviews everywhere on the internet and Facebook SKS owner clubs since they might show up this week and be cool people.
    Last edited by Gaebz; 02-17-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Update

(For people who doesn't know what's going on, I ordered a SKS from Westrifle with a PU Scope that had to be drilled on the receiver, Westrifle cut the wood too close to the mount and the first 20 rounds cracked the stock due to recoil, go check page 26 for pics. The order was 490$+tx free shipping)

My access has been denied from their website, I cannot login anymore.
    I reset my password to get a new one by email, copy paste it, I get this : Error Error: Access denied again.
    If I typed the adress/password wrong I would get this message : Error: Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password.
    So they voluntarily denied my access on purpose. I never insulted them, I just notified them about the cracked stock, I stayed polite, respectful and even mentioned them I understood mistakes could happen and I wasn't mad.

Phone doesn't answer, email doesn't answer and they don't show up here neither. I will keep updating the situation. Looks like they're afraid of negative reviews. When I try to create a new account it doesn't work since it says they already have a person registered with those informations. Reminds me the same, exact situation that happens when I got scammed by online investment stuff from Europe. They suddenly disapear, you can't login and phone never answers.

So Westrifle banned me from their website because they screwed up their scope mount installation on my SKS, which broke the stock after the first 20 rounds and instead of fixing the situation, they use censorship to prevent me from leaving a negative review. And they think they will go away with this? Do they know how many thousand people will see this? This thread is the first result when you type ''Westrifle review'' on Google.
    Last edited by Gaebz; 02-17-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Update

I got contacted and been asked to send pictures of the stock, I was wrong about them not answering emails, maybe this is all going to be a very positive experience after all. We'll see what happens next.

Update

They can send me a stock, after all I am getting good customer service from them. Seems like I jumped to conclusions too fast, we'll see what happens next.
    Last edited by Gaebz; 02-18-2015 at 06:10 PM.

What is the chance of getting a new sks from 1954? Will be ordering from westrifle in the next week or so. Cheers

Just go get it, you select the one you want from the pictures and they have plenty of 1954 SKS in amazing conditions. Choose the one you want, they take about 5-6 pictures of each SKS they sell in the Russian SKS section.

Update about the broken stock due to their mount they installed on my ''Sniper'' SKS.
    They don't have another stock in stock but they receive a container of SKS in a month so then, they will take a picture of the stock, if it's fine with me they will mail it to me.
    My SKS won't be matching numbers but at least it won't have a huge chunk of wood missing.

I'm happy they took the time to answer my emails and all. An angry customer could have asked a whole new SKS due to serial number match but heh, I understand, we're all humans and mistakes happen even to the bests so it's alright. I'd like to buy another SKS in the future from them but my account is still blocked from their website. (Which I would like to have an explanation about this, it seems very strange... Until they explain it to me it looks like they wanted to prevent a bad review about the Sniper SKS I bought.)

Update, after 5 months, I still haven't received the stock they promised me. I send them emails, I'm still blocked from their website, access is denied. These people are not honest and show no respect to their customers. I asked them to repair THEIR mistake about the stock that broke because of what they did to my SKS and never did anything. (Even if the number wouldn't match anymore, I'm not that bad, a mad customer could have asked for an entire new SKS and I'm not even asking for that, come on Westrifle!)

Do not buy a SKS with a PU mount from them. In fact, do not let them do any kind of milling to your guns, they are bad, they broke my SKS and never replaced the stock. ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS WTF

Still no answer... I got a bit mad there :

Finally I get an answer few days later

5 months later I'm still waiting...