Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 616181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Review Russian SKS rifles from www.westrifle.com

'Hello i want sks sniper rifle with 30 rounds clips and a super cool telescope to snipe 2000 feet away plz''

I think you may be dreaming in French.

Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    Hello,

I need a review for our SKS rifles and website ( www.westrifle.com ) from customers that bought rifles from us. This is not for advertising of other Dealers. I want to hear about our rifles and our website only if possible.
    1. Quality of Russian SKS that you received
    2. What sort of accuracy do you get ?
    3. Shipping time from the time payment was received by us?
    4. Did you use EMT , Personal cheque or Money order?
    5. Did we answer all of your questions before you order?
    6. Would you recommend us to to other CGN users?
    7. Would you buy from us again?
    8. How would you rate our website? 1 - 5 RATINGS

Now if possible don't mention any none supporting dealers here. Start your thread if you you want to mention someone else. I am trying to outline what I need to work on for my clients.
    Straight up top notch service from start to finish including the price. Very prompt, always there on the phone when needed. Vlad completely understood what I was looking for and picked me out an almost completely matching 1950 Tula in already in the ATI stock that I wanted it in as I was looking for a quality shooter that could take some abuse. Great gun, fit, finish etc...The front site post was out of whack but that was the only issue. Got exactly what I asked for with the best of service. Shipping was prompt and proper and he even threw in the bayo (and stripper clips) that I asked for at no extra charge! I would recommend them every time and will shop there again.

PS: Great website too!

Over all rating....5 out of 5!

Great job West Rifle!

When you receive them, are they still soaked in cosmoline?
    Edit :
    Meh nvm, that was a dumb question, off course they are.
    Mine is expected to be delivered on february 2 by the end of day.
    Will write a complete review when I receive it (SKS with PU Scope for 490$ on Westrifle)
    Last edited by Gaebz; 01-27-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Wow I got a 1951 Tula! I am so happy!
    What else can I say, it's perfect! I spent the day cleaning it, it was totally jammed like a car that was parked for 20 years. The bore is brand new, like a diamond, just like the rest. I love the star with the year marked on the stock. And the scope is perfect, exactly what I wanted.

I just hope the PU scope was installed right because I heard it can be installed wrong and you won't be able to zero your scope with your rifle?
    I have faith in your work, it seems pretty well done.

I had high expectations and waiting 2 weeks was worth it. Thank you Westrifle.
    Only detail I could point out is the lack of communication through phone and email.
    But with such amazing stuff, why do you need to answer questions? I would order again from you if I have to.

Last edited by Gaebz; 02-02-2015 at 07:43 PM.

I went to the range yesterday and .. Ugh... The first 30 rounds this beautiful stock broke.. The receiver was loose (I received it that way but didn't worry much unfortunately) and the scope mount teared a chunk appart on the stock.. I hate to be a bad customer and write bad stuff and I respect what you do alot, I am very thankful that you select premium SKS's for your customers but.. See for yourself
    All I did since I received the rifle was remove cosmoline, oil it a little on the bolt parts and take it to the range. First 20-30 rounds, crack.

I'm wondering what should I do..? Keep it..? I'm worried the loose stock would eventually crack the whole stock, for now I shimed it but.. Should I have to shim a refurbed SKS? They didn't notice at the arsenal? Oh well...

Last edited by Gaebz; 02-14-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Other than that, I still think this is the most beautiful rifle, my favourite of all time I have ever owned.. Gorgeous.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebz View Post
    I just hope the PU scope was installed right because I heard it can be installed wrong and you won't be able to zero your scope with your rifle?
    I have faith in your work, it seems pretty well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebz View Post
    I went to the range yesterday and .. Ugh... The first 30 rounds this beautiful stock broke..

By the look of the before picture how they cut the stock to put on the mount it's no wonder it broke .
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    When installing the scope mount you have to remove about an 1/8 more material around the scope mount for recoil. My buddy did the same thing and cut the stock perfect for the mount, he used weld bond wood glue and glued the piece back to the stock. After the repair he removed a little more wood around the mount and it has stood up to many thousands of rounds with no issue. Looking at the mount it was fitted to tight to the stock, this is just my opinion but i've installed many receiver scope mounts on SKS rifles.
    Last edited by FreedomIsn'tFree; 02-15-2015 at 04:02 AM.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

The wood chunk flew somewhere and I never found it, there was alot of fluffy snow everywhere, I looked but it was impossible to find.

I didn't do the job, I received it from Westrifle that way. That's why I would like either a refund, a new one or something because now the stock is kinda ugly with that big wood chunk missing in the back.
    I sent them an email this weekend and see if they answer next week. I like Westrifle, they are a good company and love how you can select your SKS. They have premium quality SKS's, much better than the ones they sell at my hunting shop where I live and would like to do business again with them in the future for ammo, maybe other milsurp guns and probably another SKS that I would select for my own personal taste. Mistakes happen and I'm not mad at them, as long as we can work something out.
    Last edited by Gaebz; 02-15-2015 at 02:06 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Westrifle is a great company and I'm sure they will try to help you out. There are a lot of take off stocks out there, so finding another shouldn't be to hard. They do sell some very nice condition SKS's at Westrifle.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.