Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The PPS 50s are in !!!!!!

CGN frequent flyer peter2772000's Avatar
    Whazzup with that, anyways. Cost me $4,500 back in 2001, and that included anesthesia and a lifting as well (she'd had two kids so they needed perking up). I know that now, you're looking at around $10-$12k. Talk about inflation....

Uhhhh, did I just hijack a thread?

We should start a "My gf's boob job" thread :D
    Never fart in a wet suit

http://www.canadacarry.org/

Proud member of CSSA, NFA, CASD & NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    My wife had a reduction
    UCP member
    CPC member

Quote Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
    You know, I checked out your claim and you're absolutely right. The spelling of Pietta & Franchi is eerily disimilar....

Colin stated that it was a well-made "italian" gun, imparting the impression that if it was italian, it couldn't and/or shouldn't be a dud. I was simply making a point that "italian" doesn't automatically equate quality. And I dare you to tell me that Franchi's are reputed for being of poor quality.

I'm not looking to piss on anyone's parade. Who am I to decide if a firearm is or isn't worthy of a certain amount of cash? I was just stating my own opinion on the matter. If the policy on doing so on this site has changed, kindly disregard my previous statement(s)
    Well I have a Storm which has worked flawlessly for several years now and know several other people with differnet brands of Italian guns who all love them, I would say that being Italian made increases the chances it's well made. I know not all Italian guns are perfect. However I was impressed with the heft of the gun in question, the sights are very basic. I don't recall the one I saw being tapped for a rail.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    ....However I was impressed with the heft of the gun in question, the sights are very basic. I don't recall the one I saw being tapped for a rail.
    If you are referring to the PPS-50, the front sight is a flat topped blade. The rear sight is a folding open sight, with a screw locked slide for elevaton. Windage is by shifting the sight in its dovetail. The rear sight base is mounted to the receiver by two screws. There is a 3/8" rail on the top of the receiver.

I believe the one I saw was at the Legacy Arms booth, there was no rail on it, that does not mean that Johnne didn't ask the factory to supply his with a rail, I think for the price the rail or the option is a good idea.

I have to say with a holo sight, laser and light + the 50rd drum, it would make a good home defense firerm for someone who does not practice with firearms much. The first 5 rds might not stop a bad guy, but 50 sure would.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

Super Moderator
    In the photo on the Marstar website you can see the 3/8" rail.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Yes gentlemen, labour and material costs in the EU (Italy) are MUCH higher than is most Asian nations, simple fact of life....

That said you cannot compare the fit and finish of most European firearms with those made in Asia....

Once a few of you have your PPS-50 in hand you will see what I mean.... Then of course when our Italian M14s are available you can compare them with other makers....

All this fine fit and finish comes at a cost....
    JOHN
    That pretty much says it all. You want something that'll last like a good gun should? It will cost a little more. Figure out what lost range days, spare parts, sourcing parts, gunsmithing, troubleshooting and PITA costs you and I bet this gun will actually be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post

Thank you for your expert evaluation. I assume that you handled one, did extensive testing of the model before you reached this conclusion ??

We did before ordering them
    John
    Apologies, johnone. I tend to make silly unsubstantiated claims. I understand your sales could be influenced by silly chit-chat and stupid comments by others so I promise never to offend again (unless, of course, I can prove my point). Let's see what message initial reviews bring.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." Benjamin Franklin

Here is a link to the synthetic stock version, you can see that given, shipping, currency, licencing and other stuff, Marstars prices are comparable.
    http://www.legacysports.com/products...puma_22LR.html

BANNED
    Damn you John I want one of these so bad but I can't afford it.

Will work for guns