Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The PPS 50s are in !!!!!!

Got my pps 50 today... I was soo happy to recieve it!! until I opened it... I ordered the syn stock version.. My heart sank whe I saw how cheap the stock was made and the finish on it...Is it worth the 750 after shipping??? To be honest I wanted to love this little rimfire... But honestly the fit and finish in general is sub-par and not worth 750.. I am debating returning it.. The stock still has sharp edges on it and is completely hollow and seems to be made out of really cheap thin plastic what you find on cheap chinese airsoft guns.....the finish on the the pps was also sub quality i could already start seeind bare metal on the edges through the blueing and the bolt looks like somebody took an electric etcher to the bolt and put some marks on it..... Not the quality I would expect from pietta.. I hope everyone elses is better quality than I recieved.. This is my honest opinion.. This is a sad day for me....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by burtjani View Post
    Got my pps 50 today... I was soo happy to recieve it!! until I opened it... I ordered the syn stock version.. My heart sank whe I saw how cheap the stock was made and the finish on it...Is it worth the 750 after shipping??? To be honest I wanted to love this little rimfire... But honestly the fit and finish in general is sub-par and not worth 750.. I am debating returning it.. The stock still has sharp edges on it and is completely hollow and seems to be made out of really cheap thin plastic what you find on cheap chinese airsoft guns..... Not the quality I would expect from pietta.. I hope everyone elses is better quality than I recieved.. This is my honest opinion.. This is a sad day for me....
    Fortunately you can take advantage of Marstar's ironclad warranty, if you so choose.

burtjani: If you don't like it then just send it back. Marstar will be happy to refund your money.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Burtjani,
    Thanks for the comments.

These are not cheap .22's and part of the reason for that was supposed to be fit and finish.

Another member with a wood stock reported lots of sharp metal edges typical of a Norinco product....I expect to de-tune the sharp deges and re-blue on a Norinco but I wouldn't have expected it with these guns.

Marstar will take care of it....

Expired Business
    BURTJANI;
    Obviously you are not satisfied, then return it for your refund....

John

can you order wood stocks seperatley???

Expired Business
    WE WILL HAVE THE THE WOOD STOCKED VERSION IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS

Yes we have some wood stock coming as well

John

CGN frequent flyer
    Ok here is my report (sorry no pics)

I got the synthetic stock, didn't like it at first glance but it isn't as crap as some feel. It is hollow but I kind of like it now.

The bad......

I encountered jams with both the 30 round sticks and the 50 round drum. I only had one flawless mag (it was a 30 rounder). On average the 30s were better than the drum. Problems were the occasional empty getting caught in the action and the much more common failurre to feed. The rounds seemed to get jammed on the mouth of the chamber. About 30 jams in about 500 mixed rounds.

I used AE 40gr round lead nose, this soft tip seemed to get caught on the chamber mouth more easily than the Win 333 36gr plated truncated hp nose and the Win 40gr Dynapoint plated round nose hp I also tried, although all had feeding problems.

I hope to try it out some more before I consider returning it. What rounds have others been using/having success with?

CGN frequent flyer
    Update:

I sent a lot more rounds downrange and feel safe to say I have now broken in my gun. I am pleased to say that despite the occasional jam function has improved immensely. Stoppages seem to be mostly the occasional stovepipe with an empty and the odd light hammer strike; failures to feed properly have almost ceased to occur. I hope that it continues to smooth up as I use it. Ammo used was the assorted bulk, cheaper stuff previously mentioned.

CGN Regular
    Agreed, it jams alot less once it gets broken in. Also Mine does not seem to like un-jacketed bullets, the lead seems to catch on something and bend the bullet. I was the one who said they have sharp edges. I should clarify, these are sharp edges where there are sharp edges allowed (internally, the only bad one really is beside the charging handle, if your finger gets close enough when pulling it back it will slice you).