Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: M-14b

Here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    OK ALREADY;
    We have two containers on the water as we speak, the CQ-a rifles in one and a second container of pistols....

Un-expected delays in the port in China

ETA should be around 2-3 weeks....
    John

Expired Business
    A few days ago I posted that there were two containers on the water, one with CQ-a rifles and one of handguns....

Containers will follow on the average very 4-6 weeks until the end of the year....

Just received word our M-14s due to leave at the end of this month....

YES we are late but we can only go by what we are told by the producer....

That is the main reason we never request deposits or payments in advance....

John

Just received word our M-14s due to leave at the end of this month.... JULY

John
    therefore, unfortunately I have to cancel my order...

pre-orderered in february, so more than four months ago.

this was meant to be a summer project, not a Christmas present.

Having recently started a job at my local Rona, i have to say that John is the closet thing to a Saint when it comes to keeping Customers happy and serving them well.

Sometimes its hard enough to correct mistakes when the customer and all bills are in front of you, id hate to try it over the internet, with 20 nagging people all at once!

Keep up the good work!

(BTW does a job at Rona and a firearms licence qualify me to work at Marstar?)

Ontario, adjacent to the center of the universe.
    TREKSTOR:
    "Leaving July means, 2 months on the boat, 2 months in customs, 2 months of testing. So maybe christmas? "

Here we go again, you ask for updates, I provide them, then you come up with this completely ridiculous schenario....

TWO months at sea ?? Two Months in customs ?? Two Months for testing ??

How the hell do you arrive at such conclusions, ????
    John
    John, part of the reason we are ... so desperate for information is that you have provided us with very little. I appreciate that you are not going to be able to update us every 5 minutes as to the status of this shipment, nor do I expect it. However, it is nice to get the occasional update...

I have no doubt that you were aware of these delays at some point prior to this last update, and posting a quick note to that effect would certainly reduce the amount of rumour mongering going on in this thread.

Additionally, I have no idea how long it takes to process a shipment of firearms through customs, nor do I even have a clue how long it takes for a container of firearms to get here from china. I'm guessing though, that you might... could you share it with us? I honestly am interested, and NOT just because I have a pre-order with you...

Thanks for the update John, and I know you personally have little control over when these guns arrive, but updates, even on possible delays, will cut down on rampant speculation.

Thanks,

Matt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Katana's Avatar
    To me it looks like he updates when there is something to update, no news = nothing to report.

Have patients, there will be here when there get here.

I think everyone should stop sh!tting on John, he can only deliver when China decided to ship.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    John, you've done the best that you can, and I, as well as many others, appreciate your efforts.

Unfortunately, I will have to cancel my pre-order that I have in with you as well.

Having the rifles on the water at the end of July means that they aren't likely to hit Canadian shores before mid-August at the earliest, and then they have to clear Customs before you get to perform your due diligence on them. That means it'll likely be into September before you start shipping the rifles. I plan to use an M305 for a hunting rifle this season, and it takes time break in the rifle, scope it, and get it ready for the season.
    I need a rifle before then to accomplish all that.

It's not Marstar's fault that unexpected delays were encountered in China, of course. You had to go on what the exporter told you when you placed your order.

I do look forward to doing business with Marstar again in the future, but I just cannot wait that long for the rifle I pre-ordered.
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer svt1940's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    To me it looks like he updates when there is something to update, no news = nothing to report.

Have patients, there will be here when there get here.

I think everyone should stop sh!tting on John, he can only deliver when China decided to ship.
    x1 When i placed my pre-order, i always said to myself that i will have my M14 when they will be here, whatever time they will take to get here. I order from Marstar because they have a wonderfull warranty and if i ever have problem with my M14, they will do their best to fix that. I know that can be frustrating for long waiting but but like John said, he must do with the infos that the supplier give to him, many things that are out of Marstar control. For my part, i keep my pre-order and i will get the rifle when they get here, that,s it! I dealed with Marstar before and i will continue because i have always been served first class. no worries John, i'm patient and i will get my order when i will get it! Thanks for the update

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mardig88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by svt1940 View Post
    x1 When i placed my pre-order, i always said to myself that i will have my M14 when they will be here, whatever time they will take to get here. I order from Marstar because they have a wonderfull warranty and if i ever have problem with my M14, they will do their best to fix that. I know that can be frustrating for long waiting but but like John said, he must do with the infos that the supplier give to him, many things that are out of Marstar control. For my part, i keep my pre-order and i will get the rifle when they get here, that,s it! I dealed with Marstar before and i will continue because i have always been served first class. no worries John, i'm patient and i will get my order when i will get it! Thanks for the update
    x2. I am keeping my pre-order. When i put an order i knew i wont get it the following day. I ordered from John for his GREAT service.
    There are some things that he cannot control. That's the bottomline. I am 100% sure he is doing his best to bring all these interesting deals to Canada.

I feel really bad that every time he gives updates, people start giving him s**t.
    Si vis pacem, Para Bellum

patiently waiting...

honestly, if this is this your only hunting rifle?..... try a nice inexpensive savage bolt action in 308 and share brass with your m14 when it arrives.

personally I have a couple .303 enfields, a 7.62x39 sks, or even a slug shottie or bow for deer or moose, so I am not pressed. I will use the m14 next season maybe, if its a shooter. Ya it sucks that the goods are late, but a good rifle in sept is better than an inferior rifle today. I will wait thanks.

keep bringin in the good stuff John, I don't mind waitin