Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: M-14b

at what shipping number are
    they at now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JRW (QOR)'s Avatar
    Congats to all those getting their M14's. Maybe if we get enough we can have an M14 only service rifle match through the ORA (hint hint). Looking forward to seeing more of these in use.

Side note. Forget the 5rnd mags. Totally useless (unless you have an AIA Enfield, with some slight modification these 5 rnds fit nicely). Because the mags are held by the spring, they don't just fall out. The 5 rnd is flush with the bottom, you can't grab it to remove it. Hence order at least 10 twenty rnd mags from Marstar.

Also, do NOT get the $50 aluminum scope mount. See my thred on my testing of various mounts. http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=621208
    "Ideals are peacefull. History is violent" Wardaddy (Fury)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Got my rifle today, looks good. Quite happy even with the wait, got a designated hunting rifle right now though, so it'll probably be a safe queen for a bit.
    Doesn't even feel heavy.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Got it, after 15 months.
    I think it was worth the wait, will see...

all cleaned up and lubed for the range tomorrow. :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer svt1940's Avatar

Problem with rear sight

When i received my M14, i was sure that the rear sight only need to be tightened a little but upon inspection, i found that the sight pinion was slightly bent and the tread have stripped. I will contact Marstar but since took so long to have my rifle, i wonder if i should bother getting it repaired or replaced since rear sight seems to be the weak link on the chinese M14. Otherwise, the rifle seems excellent. I'm thinking about getting a Garand sight. What do you think? My rifle for now cannot be use
    Jocelyn
    Last edited by svt1940; 06-28-2011 at 12:12 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JRW (QOR)'s Avatar
    Interesting... Mine doesn't have a bayonet lug.
    "Ideals are peacefull. History is violent" Wardaddy (Fury)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by svt1940 View Post
    When i received my M14, i was sure that the rear sight only need to be tightened a little but upon inspection, i found that the sight pinion was slightly bent and the tread have stripped. I will contact Marstar but since took so long to have my rifle, i wonder if i should bother getting it repaired or replaced since rear sight seems to be the weak link on the chinese M14. Otherwise, the rifle seems excellent. I'm thinking about getting a Garand sight. What do you think? My rifle for now cannot be use
    Jocelyn
    Quote Originally Posted by JRW (QOR) View Post
    Interesting... Mine doesn't have a bayonet lug.
    Now that's quality control for you ! :D
    LMAO
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer notsorichguy's Avatar

Time to eat some crow.......

Well I have to admit, I may just be the biggest douch on CGN this week......

First off I need to apologize for letting the little kid in me out last week.

So I wasn't home when the 14b came in the mail last Wednesday. I actually had a good look at it before anyone else posted they got theirs......

It came like all the other pics on the thread showed. Marstar case etc.

I talked with a buddy of mine who was thinking about getting a Nork, we worked out a deal. I strip it of all the shipping gunk etc. Look it over and re-jigger what needs re-jiggering (typical new nork stuff). Break it in and figure out what load it likes then hand it over to its new owner.

Well after digging it out of the dishwasher I started looking stuff over.

I was expecting the bolt to close on the go and no-go guage, but it didn't close on the no-go.....

Gas system is nice and snug, no leaks.

Sights are crisp and tight......

All the regular suspects are non-exhistant. The trigger is even fairly good. It is better than my '09 that has a trigger job. The M-14 Doc tuned trigger on my '07 is better, but not by much.....

So then I take it to the range. Much to my Surprise it LOVES the load for my '07 Nork......

I guess my buddy is getting my '09 poly instead.......

Here is a group I shot at 100y off a front bag, no rear bag, just my fist. With the irons it came with...... I'm pretty sure the one on the bottom right was me, but even with that one included its still a pretty dang good group for an un-tweaked Nork.... Especially when you consider the front sight blade is larger than the 6" red diamond in the centre of the target @ 100y.....

Well Johnone I must say that it definatly was worth the wait......... When are you getting more?

Cheers!
    AKA: M14medic.ca

Expired Business
    JRW;
    "Interesting... Mine doesn't have a bayonet lug"

Was this rifle purchased previously ??
    John

Expired Business
    SVT1940;
    If there is a problem with the rear sight, remove it and send it back for replacement....

John