Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: low and left

thanks again to all. C3pppo, I like your idea and going to try it in a couple hours. It sounds like a good way to make the most out of a box or two. So off to the range, I got my cheat sheet, and 5 round mags.(sounds so wrong) lol.. Looking forward , thanks ...
    peace...

CGN Regular

CGN Regular
    Hey guys, I went to the range again today and I'm still consistently shooting down and left. I'm realize I'm probably anticipating recoil. Should I adjust and aim a little higher and right? Or should I "train" myself (e.g. dry firing or getting a .22 pistol)?

CGN Regular
    Hey guys, I went to the range again today and I'm still consistently shooting down and left. I'm realize I'm probably anticipating recoil. Should I adjust and aim a little higher and right? Or should I "train" myself (e.g. dry firing or getting a .22 pistol)?

CGN Regular
    It's best if you guys can show a side view video - both in normal speed and in slow-mo. That way people can see if you are flinching. I do this all the time to help me analyze my fundamentals. Also if you don't have a friend that can help load a dummy round in the magazine here is ssomething you can try:

https://youtu.be/NxyTFzgWjhk

One more thing, are you guys squeezing the gun like a monkey?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    Nice thread resurrection!
    Jermyzy! NEVER compensate! Fix the problem!
    Do what Protege suggests. Load dummy rounds between live ones and see if your sights move when you shoot. If so, you are flinching or jerking/ pushing the trigger. Dry fire is also an excellent help and so is a .22. Either way, I would get help asap as the flinch gets worse esp if you shoot bigger calibers! I see you are in the GVRD, PM me if you want to meet up and I'll watch you and see if I can give you some pointers.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Are you aiming with your dominate eye?

CGN Regular
    ^Yes, am I not supposed to? I'm putting extra effort and gripping harder with my left hand as well. I did take a handgun course with silvercore. Did decently on the course, trying to implement everything I learned form the course, but I find my aim is actually getting worse...

Still Alive, thanks for the offer. Which range do you shoot at?

CGN Regular
    ^Yes, am I not supposed to? I'm putting extra effort and gripping harder with my left hand as well.
    Yes but how/where are you applying grip pressure on the gun?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar

Still Alive, thanks for the offer. Which range do you shoot at?
    Chilliwack F&G. Offer stands
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast