Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Colby Shooting Club/ Shooters Choice

The Colby Shooting Club/ Shooters Choice

From what I can gather it looks like a great club to join for indoor pistol shooting.

Do we have any members that can tell us more about how accessible or busy is it, and how do they enjoy experience of membership there?

I am concerned that they have only eight shooting stations, and that I might not be able to use facility at times convenient to me- weekdays 9am -12am.

At this moment, I am somewhat torn deciding between Burlington range and Colby Shooting club, membership fees not being a factor.

It's a fantastic indoor facility with A#1 membership, BoD and management. 24/7 access and I've never met anyone I've had a problem with being on the range.

All eight stations aren't usually fully occupied, however I would take a look at their schedule for morning availability as PAL classes may be scheduled and several agencies use the range for training.

Here's a link to their on-line posted schedule:

http://shooterschoice.com/ColbyClub/ColbyClubStart.htm

I'm a member and the most frequent problem I've encountered on weekday mornings is having to remember how to turn on the lights and air exchanger because I'm the only one there.

Great range and good advice above about checking the website before you leave.

I'm a member and I can only say good things about it. They do schedule training and courses at the range so check the schedule on the website before heading out. They also have maintenance some weekday mornings which is also on the schedule. It's also nice to have ammo for sale nearby in case you run out, which has happened to me on a few occasions. The probation period is also very short, but if you want to shoot handgun you have to take the range safety course. Hope that helps.

I am in the process of doing my probation, you only need to do their safety course if your going to get an ATT through them. Also i am yet to go there and see more than half the stalls being used, even on a saturday when the parking lot was full the shooting range was not full, it always looks busy because there is an archery range and the store itself. You can also shoot rifles inside. and 24/7 access, but check out the range schedule because there are often courses going on at some point in the day.

Thanks guys for prompt responses.

I am trying to make sure to find place that will be good fit for my needs.

That means good facility with convenient hours, mostly mature, responsible members, limited amount of Fudds and yahoos.

Colby seems to fit the bill. Jury is still out on BRRC.

CGN Regular
    I'm a member at Colby and have never not been able to shoot due to being full. You can't beat warm in the winter and cool in ther summer. I was at Burlington a couple of weeks ago and the extra distance is very nice but it was freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    From what I can gather it looks like a great club to join for indoor pistol shooting.

Do we have any members that can tell us more about how accessible or busy is it, and how do they enjoy experience of membership there?

I am concerned that they have only eight shooting stations, and that I might not be able to use facility at times convenient to me- weekdays 9am -12am.

At this moment, I am somewhat torn deciding between Burlington range and Colby Shooting club, membership fees not being a factor.
    :D

I'm a member at Colby.......great club......you'll love the automated retractable target holders.

They haven't had the CFO problems other ranges have had probably because they are in an enclosed building & not open to the sky.

You don't have to go far for ammo & supplies because one of the best, well stocked shooting stores in Canada, Shooter's Choice is part of the same complex.

They offer a significant discount for Peace Officers.

I'm also a member of Galt & love their combination outdoor pistol/rifle range.

I do my winter shooting at Colby.

The Colby Shooting Club has an online range schedule so make sure you check it out before visiting to ensure the range is not occupied with a competion or a course.

I have never had a problem with range time or had to leave without shooting because of unavailability of shooting stations.

Im a new member just joined 2 weeks ago, still doing my probation. First time I went it was super busy, i got the last stall available. Brinks was there doing some training though so they were taking up 3 or 4 stalls. Went last friday mar 12 at 6pm though and it was empty, i was the only one there!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    What are the fees for the club again? PM please.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast