Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with the African SKSes

John,
    I sent you my resume for your consideration via email. Let me know if you received it. Thanks.

Derek
    I'm The Bad Guy...How Did That Happen?

Expired Business
    TOYBOY;
    Barry wrote a series of books titled Casca....
    I was with Barry two days before he was shot, if you can beleive that a warrior of his experience could accidently shoot himself then I have some lovely swamp land for you to consider....
    There are many theories about this event....
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    HITCH BD;
    I was involved in some projects with Barry Sadler and crew.

Maybe you are too young to recall who he was ??

Its a long story with some bad endings
    John
    I do remember that he was airbourne and a Green beret. even wrote the balad. Famous in Vietnam. I do not remember what he was doing in Cental America when he died. And I did not know that you were American. Or were you involved in a Joint thing? Any way you look at it my respect level just jumped higher again.
    Regards, Brad
    Live and let live ...for now!!

Expired Business
    HITCH BD;
    Barry and his crew were training people for the ongoing ops in Nicaragua being run by Col North (Remember Iran-Contra).

I met some really fine people down there, we had some good get-togethers at Barry's ranch just outside Guat city.

I was there strickly "on business".... Very interesting time, interesting country, really nice people....

A lot of the places frequented in those days were like scenes out of an old B&W movie thriller of the 1950s....

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    HITCH BD;
    Barry and his crew were training people for the ongoing ops in Nicaragua being run by Col North (Remember Iran-Contra).

I met some really fine people down there, we had some good get-togethers at Barry's ranch just outside Guat city.

I was there strickly "on business".... Very interesting time, interesting country, really nice people....

A lot of the places frequented in those days were like scenes out of an old B&W movie thriller of the 1950s....

John
    It sounds like you have traveled in the circles that many can only imagine. I saw someone say you need to write a book, in part I agree. But not for the public,unless you want , But for your children and grandchildren. Your decendants deserve to know and pass down the adventures and deeds of great great grandpa John.
    regards, Brad
    Live and let live ...for now!!

CGN frequent flyer TheManInBlack's Avatar
    I'm telling you John was the inspiration for lord of war
    隱藏在自圓其說

Any updates on these rifles?

hi john:
    yes you're right.Casca the eternal mercenary.
    the roman soldier who speared christ on the cross and was condemmed to
    live forever.i read those books.they were pretty good,for fiction...
    member : CCFR CPC

Barry wrote a series of books titled Casca....
    I was with Barry two days before he was shot,

......I am in total shock! and only "perks"curiosity. wow! .........and i don't take you for one to tell stories

if you can believe that a warrior of his experience could accidentally shoot himself then I have some lovely swamp land for you to consider....
    There are many theories about this event....
    John
    I thought it odd when i read that........there are always two versions........the 5'oclock news version .......and the truth
    Last edited by shortandlong; 04-03-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: I want to hear more of Johns war stories

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Barry Sadler together with RK Brown & co were die hard supporters of the Rhodesian army & later on anti commie forces in Central America. Being ex US military, they prided themselves not only as action reporter/writer from the front line but also helped out the anti commie forces with military gears, tactical trainings and PR exercises. Some of their behind the scene war stories including Sadler's final demise were covered in SOF.

It would be ironic if these surplus sks were used by Mugabe's terrs during the Rhodesian bush war.