Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: M4 carbines

CGN Regular
    I ordered today! #190 The order taker for me said it'd be part of the first shipment so thats awesome!

I am really excited about this, I wanted an AR for a long time but the price to get one has been a bit too high for me to swallow.

Like a lot of people in this thread the girlfriend doesn't know yet, its not her cash but she'll obviously find out.... She is ex navy diver though and trained on C7 so I don't think she'll be too upset. I hope. ^o^

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephram View Post
    I ordered today! #190 The order taker for me said it'd be part of the first shipment so thats awesome!

I am really excited about this, I wanted an AR for a long time but the price to get one has been a bit too high for me to swallow.

Like a lot of people in this thread the girlfriend doesn't know yet, its not her cash but she'll obviously find out.... She is ex navy diver though and trained on C7 so I don't think she'll be too upset. I hope. ^o^
    Sweet! That means I'm getting mine in the first shipment as well. Did he say how many of the 1st shipment are left for pre-order? I sure hope #201 can still get his/her CQ556 with the first batch.

CGN Regular
    No he didn't say, just that some people buy 5 instead of 1. My opinion of Marstar is that they have this vibe about them like they are more of a national supplier up the chain kind of thing. I would guess that many gun shops also order their inventory from Marstar? Is ordering from them kind of like cutting out retail?

Theres mention a lot of John in this thread, who I have not spoken to but respect out for getting these in at a great price. Looking forward to putting some rounds down range with this. I'm a pistol shooter and this will be my first rifle.

CGN Regular
    Concerning these rifles, i assume the two mags it ships with are pinned at 5 rounds. I wonder if it is a good idea to get some of those LAR pistol mags with it.

Is anyone planning on changing out the handguards for a quad rail? I need to learn a bit about the appropriate length to get if you want to remove the front sight base and go with aftermarket BUIS.

Would also be interested in ammo bulk discounts, preferably in a quantity costing less than $200. I don't know where to buy the cheapest rifle ammo in Canada or where a decent selection of brands and loads exists.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    No he didn't say, just that some people buy 5 instead of 1
    that explains why was asked 'and how many do you want?' :D never been asked that when ordering a gun lol
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IM_Lugger View Post
    that explains why was asked 'and how many do you want?' :D never been asked that when ordering a gun lol
    Definitely an indication of just how good this price is! And, the price is why me & my wife are getting one!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephram View Post
    Would also be interested in ammo bulk discounts, preferably in a quantity costing less than $200. I don't know where to buy the cheapest rifle ammo in Canada or where a decent selection of brands and loads exists.
    The best price you will get on .223 Rem will be something around $400/1000. 55gr is the most common for commercial production. There is some 62gr 5.56mm floating around (TSE gets it in at $600/1000) as well.
    My idea of sustainability is having enough ammo for your gun and enough fuel for your tank.

Quote Originally Posted by eigenvector View Post
    The best price you will get on .223 Rem will be something around $400/1000. 55gr is the most common for commercial production. There is some 62gr 5.56mm floating around (TSE gets it in at $600/1000) as well.
    I'd like to find some .223 for $400.00 / K...! The best price seems to be at Frontier at $439.00 / K (before shipping). And while I'm sure most are aware, the 5.56 M855 62 grain stuff that the TSE gets (is awesome!) but can't be used indoors due to the steel penetrator...
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by kenjuudo View Post
    I'd like to find some .223 for $400.00 / K...! The best price seems to be at Frontier at $439.00 / K (before shipping). And while I'm sure most are aware, the 5.56 M855 62 grain stuff that the TSE gets (is awesome!) but can't be used indoors due to the steel penetrator...
    I found it ($400 tax/shipping all in) :D. It's all gone now....well not gone....but in my locker. Just one of those things that comes up on the EE from great CGN members who aren't behaving like the Hunt brothers lol...

The cover I got from you looks good. Now if June would get here so I'd have the carbine to attach it to....

Quote Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
    I found it ($400 tax/shipping all in) :D. It's all gone now....well not gone....but in my locker. Just one of those things that comes up on the EE from great CGN members who aren't behaving like the Hunt brothers lol...