Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to get an ATT?

Quote Originally Posted by acm View Post
    Lol, kind of like when Homer Simpson was told there was a waiting period for his gun, and reponded: "Five days?! But I'm mad NOW!"
    LOL Followed by "If I had my gun now, I'd shoot you!" "Yea well, buddy, ya don't" haha

Its brutal in Sask right now. They say it can take 5 days to process your ATT but right now they say their behind so its more like 7-10.

Ontario here- Club applied for my LTATT March 24th and the club emailed it to me last night-April 7. Two weeks exactly.
    CSSA

Alberta here - just got my PAL/RPAL not too long ago and just got my LTATT. Took about 5 days to process, because apparently that's how long it should take. If you call before five days, they will tell you it takes 5 days. They want proof of gun club membership too. When I got my LTATT, it didn't include gun smiths. I called back and was told that they no longer include it as people were using it to go to gun shops and buy new guns. BS reason on a so many levels.
    CCFR Member

In Miramichi territory the first one was inside of 2 weeks and now I have them inside a week most times when I get something new, Ive always just called in and they will usually fax it inside a few hours provided they know the smith or shop for a temp situation

Faxing in application and insuring to include a copy of your club membership is the quickest method. I would recommend a follow up call the following day.
    You may be able to physically hand in the application (and supporting docs). Haven't tried this one...
    "Gun control is a steady hand"

Colt Python .357 Magnum - My pride and Joy!

I know it sux but kissing their ass a bit so they remember ya helps too. We had a CFO over once to inspect our vault for storage etc when I lived in Toronto, and then offered him dinner and a coffee and never had any problem after that.

I know that's something that some may not be willing to risk or do, but I came from a LE/Military Family and it really wasn't a big deal.

Plus all our stuff was beyond what the law required (as we could understand it ) because we are paranoid about that stuff, and a break in, so we were not worried at all.

I phoned for a short term yesterday, spoke to the girl, and when I hung up the phone my email had a STATT! I couldn't talk her in to giving me the post office for my long term though

Email now I always had a fax 8) I really am getting old

Email now I always had a fax 8) I really am getting old.

Heh now I cant get a picture of Homer opening beers with a revolver outta my head

Mmmm beer!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast