Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to get an ATT?

How long does it take to get an ATT?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get an ATT? Do I have to wait for it to come in the mail, or is there something I can use temporarily? I just received my firearm in the mail and can't wait to go to the range...just waiting on the ATT.

I fax my info to the CFO and she faxes me back the ATT usually within a day. The originals arrive in the mail in about a week. The Nfld CFO has always been great to deal with.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Lightbulb That is great news!

Quote Originally Posted by brgun78 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get an ATT? Do I have to wait for it to come in the mail, or is there something I can use temporarily? I just received my firearm in the mail and can't wait to go to the range...just waiting on the ATT.
    You'll need an (long-term) Authorization To Transport (ATT) for the purpose of target shooting. It may require some time to be processed.

In the meantime, if you haven't yet received your long-term (paper) ATT you should call your CFO, during business hours and as soon as possible, for a temporary ATT.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

CGN frequent flyer
    My experience in Manitoba has been you call/or visit and you get one in hand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redddogg69's Avatar
    In Ontario your gun club has to apply on your behalf, then when its approved it gets mailed to them then forwarded to you. Usually takes about 4-6 weeks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    In Ontario your gun club has to apply on your behalf, then when its approved it gets mailed to them then forwarded to you. Usually takes about 4-6 weeks
    Correct. Here in the land of Ontario, the long term ATT is requested by & sent to the club. The reason being that the CFO wants the club to make sure that the ATT is handled properly.
    So the best way for you go is to speak to your club director who handles the ATT's .It is best if they contact the CFO rather than you.

if your in bc. just call the cfo and they will fill it out over the phone and you will get it like 3 days later in the mail!

BANNED
    "...reason being that the CFO wants the club to make sure that the ATT is handled properly..." While there's nothing new about it, it's to ensure shooters are club members. There's no law that says you have to join a club. It's just Ontario CFO's policy.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GSoD View Post
    My experience in Manitoba has been you call/or visit and you get one in hand.
    X2. Takes me about 10 mins in the office.

Manitoba next to Sask are the best CFO's to work with.

been waiting over 4 weeks for my ATT here in Ontario. My club has applies (or so they say...) I hope to heck it comes next week! I'm dying to go shoot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast