Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

thats not what happen to me , i had to wait until my instructer mailed the exams to the cheif firearms officier andthen after a month or so i got them in mail stamped by the CFO, then i went took the photos and mailed the entire application...

Been 9 days since I had my references interview and it is still saying "in progress"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sent in completed pal application July 21, realized after sending that the stubag at shoppers gave me passport photos not pal photos. Hopefully 1cm x .5cm doesn't effect things but we will see. Will update as it progresses. Alberta, first time applicant so at least 28 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    Sent in completed pal application July 21, realized after sending that the stubag at shoppers gave me passport photos not pal photos. Hopefully 1cm x .5cm doesn't effect things but we will see. Will update as it progresses. Alberta, first time applicant so at least 28 days.
    I would just call in and explain what happened. If there is a problem with your application don't wait for them to tell you, it will add a lot of time to your application. Maybe they will say you need to send in the proper size photo and you can do it right away so it won't add any extra time to your application.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yeah my intention was to call next week. I have the second photo I can trim.

CGN frequent flyer
    They had no problems with my passport photos for my pal, or rpal upgrade (6 months apart, same passport photos). But I agree on phoning them, if you wait to hear from them it can delay you 2 weeks they do everything by snail mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul-J View Post
    thats not what happen to me , i had to wait until my instructer mailed the exams to the cheif firearms officier andthen after a month or so i got them in mail stamped by the CFO, then i went took the photos and mailed the entire application...
    As mentioned in my previous post, it depends on your province. Some provinces allow you instructors to give students a copy of their results the day of their course test. My courses were on Sunday with full paperwork sent out the following Monday with course results. Ontario does not, along with maybe 1 or 2 other provinces. Contact your local MP and complain if you dislike it, it is not a legal requirement to do so it is your local CFO flexing his authority, and with no complaints comes no change.

CGN Regular
    Shoppers doesn't do a "pal picture " that's why you got a passport photo. I know this it too late for you but you can take a picture with a phone and print it out at home and just cut out the size you need, it doesn't need to be an actual photo

Mine seems to be taking waaay to long.

-First time PAL applicant in Toronto
    -Sent application to Mirimichi via xpresspost and it was received March 02
    -March 20. it showed online as "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date".

I have called a several times and told it is not missing anything and that my references do not need to call in as it is just a PAL and has been passed on to the CFO and they now have to finish it. I was given the name and number of the person in charge of my file and called several times and no one ever picks up or returns my messages. this is very frustrating

Is this normal?

Great info..thanx.
    my question is that after i send my application without my proof of passing the firearms course. how should i indicate my proof to be attached to my application when i do send the firearms course results?
    Will they just know to attach it to the proper application?

ON First time PAL&RPAL

6.24 Mailed
    6.27 Delivered
    7.13 Online, CC charged
    7.15 One reference called in
    7.26 called in, was told they transfered to CFO and everything is good
    7.27 issued

30 days