Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by AlBFuctifino View Post
    Just did my test for PAL and RPAL and have a question or 2 Can a reference be someone outside of the province of Ontario (Alberta) it doesnt say that it needs to be the same province and can they do digital signatures and email to me to get printed out?
    They'll reject a digital signature. Part of the reference declaration reads "I have read the information supplied by the applicant on this application." and I can't honestly say I read the information you submitted to the RCMP, I can only say I read the information you sent me. I might trust you, but the RCMP doesn't trust you, nor do they trust me.

I know a few people who mailed the printed application inter-provincially and it only cost them a delay of about 10 days. Of course your references will have to know each other and be in proximity to each other for it to happen that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    They'll reject a digital signature. Part of the reference declaration reads "I have read the information supplied by the applicant on this application." and I can't honestly say I read the information you submitted to the RCMP, I can only say I read the information you sent me. I might trust you, but the RCMP doesn't trust you, nor do they trust me.

I know a few people who mailed the printed application inter-provincially and it only cost them a delay of about 10 days. Of course your references will have to know each other and be in proximity to each other for it to happen that quickly.
    No problem was just curious if that would work lets hope it doesnt take a dog age to get the card here!

so if I read this correctly;,
    I just wrote my RPAL.
    I've had my PAL for years just upgrading
    I'm in Ontario

Here's what I want to confirm
    I can send in my application before I get my test results back?
    Once my results Come in I just fax them in also?

Quote Originally Posted by Willy613 View Post
    so if I read this correctly;,
    I just wrote my RPAL.
    I've had my PAL for years just upgrading
    I'm in Ontario

Here's what I want to confirm
    I can send in my application before I get my test results back?
    Once my results Come in I just fax them in also?

Yes

Prefect thanks!

I submitted on Oct 24, was approved and received license on Dec 2.
    4 days to arrive in NB, 28 days exact for processing, 4 days for mail of license.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGuy View Post
    Wish I was in MB. Here in Ontario, apparently we need them to rubber stamp the course paperwork for some reason. I am seriously thinking about moving out of this province.....
    the money you`d save on Hydro alone would finance a few extra toys once your card shows up!.lol

Is this new online renewal faster? My PAL & RPAL expires in July, wondering if I should send in the paperwork now or wait a bit and use the online feature.
    If at first you don't succeed, reload.
    http://www.brokenheadrivergameandfish.ca/

Hi all,

I finally received my exam results today after waiting over 2.5 months. I am going to fax them in on Monday morning, and then call in the afternoon to make sure they have all the info they need from me. Hopefully do my interview if required as well.

If I do this and they are able to complete my application and provide my PAL number, am I legally allowed to own a firearm between then and when I receive my physical license card?

I started my application process in October so my 28 days are long past.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicKaos View Post
    Hi all,

I finally received my exam results today after waiting over 2.5 months. I am going to fax them in on Monday morning, and then call in the afternoon to make sure they have all the info they need from me. Hopefully do my interview if required as well.

If I do this and they are able to complete my application and provide my PAL number, am I legally allowed to own a firearm between then and when I receive my physical license card?

I started my application process in October so my 28 days are long past.

Thanks!
    If you fax in the morning, they likely won't have seen it by the afternoon. I believe their letters say 5 business days to process faxes, but in my experience it's been 1 or 2 days.

"Owning" before having the card is possible but you're taking a risk. I took the risk, made online purchases (shotgun and AR lower receiver), and it worked out. You are licensed so you aren't in criminal possession, but you'll be in for a headache if you can't produce the card on the chance you're asked for it. They can seize your guns for 14 days and ask to have them destroyed after that so you get to cross your fingers over Canada Post