Page 21 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD CALALTA

I cannot stress how important it is to keep on top of things, and be polite. FOLLOW WHAT CALALTA says and you will be a happy camper, but no matter what answer you get CALL BACK in a couple of days. First time I called (Monday Sept. 20) I was told that my application was being processed if any info is missing I will be contacted.

Wednesday (Sept 22) comes around, I call I'm told that everything is just fine on my application, but they are not ready to do my interview, so to call back next Wednesday.

So I call back today they tell me everything is set and I can be forwarded to do my interview, I do my interview get my file number and the extension for my references to call in

Here's a quick time-line:

Application sent: September 9
    Application received @ CFC: September 13
    Application posted online: September 17
    Interviews done: September 23

CGN Regular
    Hello,

I followed the advice in this thread, sent out my application right after passing both tests, without the official results yet. I called a day after they received the package, and next day it showed online. So, 28 day waiting period successfully started, yeii!

Question: do they need to have a complete application before doing the interviews? I am referring to the official test scores that they still don't have, wondering if I should call and ask if they can interview me, etc. before they get the scores..

Any people with experience, pls pitch in BTW, how long did it take for you to get the stamped results back?

Cheers!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by calalta View Post
    It is only NOtario that has that crap with the prov. CFO 'verifying' the results, (I don't know what Quebec does).
    In other provinces you pass the test, they hand you the results and you send it all in, end of story.
    Residents of NOtario don't need to wait for the 'verified' results to submit their PAL application. Read the information that is in this thread.
    Good to know... once again.. ####ity #### #### #### and then more bull####!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    It's past a month and still haven't received my test results yet. The application has been in NB since Aug 20 and I received the letter stating they need my results to proceed. Who do I call about the results being mailed to me ? The instructor who examined me or is there s no. I can call ? I'm starting to lose my patience...........dang.
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

I got a buddy at work that has been waiting for 6 or 7 months...it's getting a little rediculous. We've made a few calls to see what's going on, and so far not getting anywhere...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bop67 View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD CALALTA

I cannot stress how important it is to keep on top of things, and be polite. FOLLOW WHAT CALALTA says and you will be a happy camper, but no matter what answer you get CALL BACK in a couple of days. First time I called (Monday Sept. 20) I was told that my application was being processed if any info is missing I will be contacted.

Wednesday (Sept 22) comes around, I call I'm told that everything is just fine on my application, but they are not ready to do my interview, so to call back next Wednesday.

So I call back today they tell me everything is set and I can be forwarded to do my interview, I do my interview get my file number and the extension for my references to call in

Here's a quick time-line:

Application sent: September 9
    Application received @ CFC: September 13
    Application posted online: September 17
    Interviews done: September 23
    Glad that is working out.
    Like so many other organizations, you may get different info, different answers or different service from different clerks. If you don't get what you need call back and try again.
    There were a couple of posts recently that suggested calling in did not facilitate the process, later it turned out the applications were moving along but the clerks were not disclosing that information.
    I had one tell me that my application was being processed too quickly and that it should take about 90 days. Called back an hour later and was told it was with Alberta CFO, got transferred there and was approved over the phone.

Took the courses late July
    Results took about a week to get to the CFO, sat there for a week, then took a week to get to me.
    Application Received: Aug 26
    Took about a week to get it in the system
    I let it sit another week before I called in, did my interview
    They called my references the last week of the 28-day waiting period, and its now issued on day 28.
    Considering everything seems to take a week, I should have it by the end of next week :-)
    edit: Yup, a week to receive it.

Thank you very much for the details on the process! I just wish I followed the part about mailing the application off before receiving the results from the CFO -- it would've shaved off three weeks.
    Last edited by AsmoB; 09-30-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Well I called today, and they said that it's in the CFO work que. So I guess that means it's in it's final stage.

I didn't see this posted on their website, but is the CFC phone line a 24/7 number? Or do they work by normal government hours in NB? (sorry for the dumb question)

I'm pretty sure its normal government hours.