Page 2 of 1150 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

I only mailed my application in last wednesday, should I have them call in two weeks from now or what?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy_ep View Post
    I only mailed my application in last wednesday, should I have them call in two weeks from now or what?
    Follow the steps: "Once your phone interview is done, ask them for your file number and then have your references call in (toll free 1-800-731-4000) with that reference number to do their interviews."

two weeks should work. One week to get there and into the system and another to bet the ball rolling.

If you are applying for Restricted .. in my experience, CFC will also telephone you (the applicant) and ask many of the same questions that you answered on your application. The truth never lies, so be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by calalta View Post
    Follow the steps: "Once your phone interview is done, ask them for your file number and then have your references call in (toll free 1-800-731-4000) with that reference number to do their interviews."
    ok cool thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigmagnus View Post
    two weeks should work. One week to get there and into the system and another to bet the ball rolling.

If you are applying for Restricted .. in my experience, CFC will also telephone you (the applicant) and ask many of the same questions that you answered on your application. The truth never lies, so be ready.
    Yeah I'm doing restricted and I'm not worried about the call.

Do they leave messages if you don't pick up?

Do they leave messages ?

good question ..... many folks now have "call display" or other protection to keep the telemarketers out. Because of this, CFC did not leave a msg at one of my wife's references .... Once again, if you are concerned about this for your personal interview, perhaps call CFC yourself (approx 3 weeks after application received date) and take it from there.

In my experience, the CFC folks have been very good.

Sorry to dig this back up but I think ive been misinformed by my instructor , I passed both rpal and pal tests april 12 . i got my test results back the first week of may , I was told the 28 day waiting period was me waiting to get my test results back , and not to send my application in until i got the test results back.

Once I mailed off application with photo and payment which i did on wednesday , I checked canada post and they recieved it this morning . I was told it would be a matter of two weeks or so to get verified and get my license .

Im concerned because given the information i was , i went and signed up with a club , paid my fees , told them my PAL number should be in within 2 or so weeks . I have my ATT course june 5 and was planning on having all my stuff back by then so i could buy my first restricted so my ATT didnt get delayed.

Was I misinformed ?

You have been misinformed, you were waiting on your test results to come back with F.S.E.S.O stamp ,now you sent out application with picture for pal
    lic. which has a mandatory 28 days wait period. average wait is 35-45 days from time sent, some clubs let you do test before pal, ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc.338Lp View Post
    Sorry to dig this back up but I think ive been
    misinformed by my instructor , I passed both rpal and pal tests april 12 . i got my test results back the first week of may , I was told the 28 day waiting period was me waiting to get my test results back , and not to send my application in until i got the test results back.

Once I mailed off application with photo and payment which i did on wednesday , I checked canada post and they recieved it this morning . I was told it would be a matter of two weeks or so to get verified and get my license .

Im concerned because given the information i was , i went and signed up with a club , paid my fees , told them my PAL number should be in within 2 or so weeks . I have my ATT course june 5 and was planning on having all my stuff back by then so i could buy my first restricted so my ATT didnt get delayed.

Was I misinformed ?

Im already registered for the class and doing my probation with the club but now this has become more than just a pain . my instructor said the time it took me to wait for my tests was my 28 day waiting period . Great..

Plus when you do get your lic. it will take 3-4 weeks for transfer so you officially have restricted registered to your name that you can apply for ltatt.
    welcome to Ontario then ad 4-6 for ltatt you should be shooting by aug.

Quote Originally Posted by thehunted View Post
    You have been misinformed, you were waiting on your test results to come back with F.S.E.S.O stamp ,now you sent out application with picture for pal
    lic. which has a mandatory 28 days wait period. average wait is 35-45 days from time sent, some clubs let you do test before pal, ask!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc.338Lp View Post
    Im already registered for the class and doing my probation with the club but now this has become more than just a pain . my instructor said the time it took me to wait for my tests was my 28 day waiting period . Great..
    Course instructors should know better. The 28 day waiting period starts from the date your application is received by the CFC.