Page 749 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 729739741742743744745746747748749750751752753754755756757759769 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,490 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny View Post
    The above just isn't true. The CFC interviewed one of my references, neither I or either of my references were contacted by my CFO. My reference called in for the interview late on a Thursday and my license was issued by Friday evening, (I checked online after I got home from work).
    cheers for clarifying that. reading that dude's reply made my heart sink, making me think that nothing has been done yet still.

personal update:

I had one of my references call in to do the interview and they told him that no interview was necessary (i applied for a normal pal). (I hope that doesn't mean that the denied me and that's why they don't need any interviews.)

also i looked up the cfo's phone number. it's the same 1800 number that is on the first page. I called that number yesterday and talked to a lady who told me that they didn't have my application anymore as it was at the cfo's office now in the final stages.

so i am confused. why is the number to call the cfo the same as what i've already called? If i do call again, won't i just talk to the same people who told me they can't help me any further?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    my guess is that the all looking at the same computer screen. What ever the CFO inputs the CFC can see and vice versa. Just a guess. wish had a 100% answer for you. Hope you get your PAL soon. Take care.
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

Quote Originally Posted by wd123 View Post
    cheers for clarifying that. reading that dude's reply made my heart sink, making me think that nothing has been done yet still.

personal update:

I had one of my references call in to do the interview and they told him that no interview was necessary (i applied for a normal pal). (I hope that doesn't mean that the denied me and that's why they don't need any interviews.)
    They don't normally contact references for a PAL, only an RPAL.

also i looked up the cfo's phone number. it's the same 1800 number that is on the first page. I called that number yesterday and talked to a lady who told me that they didn't have my application anymore as it was at the cfo's office now in the final stages.
    I noted this list a while back, hxxp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cfo-caf/index-eng.htm but now that I look more closely, it doesn't list specific phone numbers for each Provincial CFO, only fax numbers.

so i am confused. why is the number to call the cfo the same as what i've already called? If i do call again, won't i just talk to the same people who told me they can't help me any further?
    Call and ask to speak to the CFO of your particular province. Or use the linked list and fax them, if you can find someone who still has a fax.

I live in Quebec and about 2 months ago I had reported that I had forgotten to (in fact I was not aware) include the SQ 3007 form "in-person filing" with my application. This is a only-in-Quebec form that you have to have filled out by an officer at your local police station, and include with your application. This is required for an RPAL only.

Well, I went and had it filled out, but the officer insisted that SHE mails it for me, that it is their (tthe police) task and she would not give it back so I can mail it myself. I normally send all my official documents via registered mail so I can track the letter...

I calculated 2 weeks (mailing time from QC to Miramichi) + a week and called the CFP to confirm if they had received it. Negative. I then called every week and today it's been a month since they should've received it and still nothing! The CFP guy then tells me that it isn't the police's responsibility to mail this for me, and in fact, they shouldn't!! He says that several other cases like this were reported and that he will try to report this to his chain of command...

So, what does this mean? I WASTED A MONTH AND A HALF because of this cr*p, + maybe another month worth of waiting after I resend the damn form!!! This time around I am NOT going to leave the police station before they hand me my documents, and will have them call the CFP if they have any issues with that. Them I'm gonna mail this registered express mail or whatever so it arrives in Miramichi ASAP.

Only in ####ing Quebec.

personal update:

its the same 1-800 number to get to the cfo, you just need to look up the extension numbers, i googled the one for bc when i called, 9530 i think was the one i used, they all go back east though cause all the western provinces are backed right up

Status so far:

Application received: June 23, 2014
    Application Initial Processing Complete: July 17, 2014 (I have been issued an application number).
    Called and checked my application Status: July 23, 2014
    Reference called in: July 23, 2014

License (RPAL) Approved: July 24th.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

From application being received to license being issued, 31 days.

Wow, I was expecting a delay while the BC CFO mulled over issuing my license but no! When I called the CFP to check on my application the fellow that I talked to suggested I have my reference call in, I was planning on asking about that but he volunteered the info before I could ask. All in all my experience has been a fairly easy one, good luck to everyone else.
    Aug. 1, 2014: License received!

From receipt of application to receipt of license, 39 Days.

CGN Regular
    cheers ian745, off to look that number up so I can call on tuesday.

congrats Danger bunny!

That is true for non restricted. I've been phoning in weekly. All the Cfc did was the initial processing, then they sent it to the CFO. I contacted the CFO and they were in the process of doing the background check rpal might be different, but this is what they have told me

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums but have been browsing them for months lol, Just wanted to share my timeline in obtaining my PAL.

June 7-8th - took and passed CFSC

June 9th - Course instructors mailed the results off to the CFO in Orillia

June 27th - Received stamped test results and mailed them with my app via registered mail

July 4th - Arrived and signed for at CFC in Miramichi, NB (although my tracking info said it was received July 7th?? lol no complaints here)

July 29th - Credit card charged which prompted me to see if my app was online yet. So I signed up for a GCKEY and found that it was in fact online and in the initial processing stages.

August 1st - "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)"

that's 29 days from the arrival at the CFC to it being issued. I never called in to inquire as my plan was to call in only after the 28 day waiting period. Now I just have to check the mailbox everyday lol!! The only question I have is, do the licenses get mailed from the CFO's office or the CFC?? If its from the CFO then that's only an Hour or so away, I hope I get it this week so I can start shopping! :D

You probably have a couple weeks to go still..I got the "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" on July 24th I could see my licence ## and register a firearm!!...I called the CFC Aug 5th to ask if they could tell me the date it was sent and she told me it was printed on July 28th and should be in the mail already but they have to do the final inspection so it might have been sent on the 29th or 30th