Page 759 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 739749751752753754755756757758759760761762763764765766767769779 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtagun16 View Post
    Received August 15
    congrats gtagun16!!
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

Called a week later like I was told... The lady was a complete b***h and basically told me to stop calling.

So I'm done calling because all they do is tell me what I see online.
    Last edited by Sveinn84; 08-18-2014 at 03:06 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    Called a week later like I was told... The lady was a complete b***h and basically told me to stop calling.

So I'm done calling because all they do is tell me what I see online.
    When they do that write down their name est and demand a supervisor instead of giving up.. that is what they want

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    When they do that write down their name est and demand a supervisor instead of giving up.. that is what they want
    What exactly do you think their motives are by dragging out this process?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    What exactly do you think their motives are by dragging out this process?
    The entire system is designed to frustrate and discourage ownership/use of firearms (and for confiscation).. even one of cukier's cronies admitted that on the record (I'm sure they are wishing they could take that one back).

Just wanted to let everyone know my license application process for non-resitricted and restricted. I challenged the tests and passed.

I sent my application on July 15th Canada post express, signature required.

July 18th: application received(I was still waiting for the signed course papers)

One week later: Called and was told to wait at least 4 weeks.

3 1/2 weeks waiting: Called and was told to wait another 2 weeks, however 2 hours later I received a phone call saying they have started my application, she gave me the application # and fax # so I could send in my signed course papers.

Faxed them in the following day.

Call August 19th to verify they received my course papers and to ensure everything was in order, they told me yes they have been received and are just waiting to call my reference... he gave me the phone # 1-800-731-4000 - use extension 2533 for my references to call in, he told me this would speed things up. contacted my reference to call them for the interview. Online status changed 5 minutes after interview and license has been issued! I now have my license #

process was much quicker than I had anticipated. just thought I would share my experience.

Although I called back to get my license number and asked If I could purchase a firearm online before receiving my card in the mail, I was told I couldn't and needed my card on me. I think she was lying, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by xdertonx View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know my license application process for non-resitricted and restricted. I challenged the tests and passed.

I sent my application on July 15th Canada post express, signature required.

July 18th: application received(I was still waiting for the signed course papers)

One week later: Called and was told to wait at least 4 weeks.

3 1/2 weeks waiting: Called and was told to wait another 2 weeks, however 2 hours later I received a phone call saying they have started my application, she gave me the application # and fax # so I could send in my signed course papers.

Faxed them in the following day.

Call August 19th to verify they received my course papers and to ensure everything was in order, they told me yes they have been received and are just waiting to call my reference... he gave me the phone # 1-800-731-4000 - use extension 2533 for my references to call in, he told me this would speed things up. contacted my reference to call them for the interview. Online status changed 5 minutes after interview and license has been issued! I now have my license #

process was much quicker than I had anticipated. just thought I would share my experience.

Although I called back to get my license number and asked If I could purchase a firearm online before receiving my card in the mail, I was told I couldn't and needed my card on me. I think she was lying, any thoughts?
    Turns out I cant purchase a firearm online without the card since I require the expiry date... so I will have to wait. also I suppose you should not be in possession of a firearm without that card on you. I was just hoping to get the gun for when my license arrives so I can get out right away. oh well!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by xdertonx View Post
    Turns out I cant purchase a firearm online without the card since I require the expiry date... so I will have to wait. also I suppose you should not be in possession of a firearm without that card on you. I was just hoping to get the gun for when my license arrives so I can get out right away. oh well!
    In order:

#1 Not true.. they only need the #.. period.

#2 also not true.. since that would be dependent on if it is in storage/use/transport/use at the particular time.

Went to post office on July 7 sent it regular mail with a money order. Called on July 16 wondering if they received it cause nothing showed online. Got home did the registration on the RCMP website and it showed up received on July 11. Checked online everyday just to see what happening. Called yesterday to see if all my info and if the pic was the proper size, the lady said sure is and I give a long ty. Got home today checked online and it says I was approved and it will be here within two weeks. Out of my experience be very pleasant with the ladies on the phone and it will move along pretty good. oh yeah this is for my regualr pal.
    I can't wait to get it in the mail.
    Last edited by andrewg; 08-20-2014 at 08:48 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Went to post office on July 7 sent it regular mail with a money order. Called on July 16 wondering if they received it cause nothing showed online. Got home did the registration on the RCMP website and it showed up received on July 11. Checked online everyday just to see what happening. Called yesterday to see if all my info and if the pic was the proper size, the lady said sure is and I give a long ty. Got home today checked online and it says I was approved and it will be here within two weeks. Out of my experience be very pleasant with the ladies on the phone and it will move along pretty good. oh yeah this is for my regualr pal.
    I can't wait to get it in the mail.
    congrats andrewg soon the shopping begins
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"