Page 760 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 740750752753754755756757758759760761762763764765766767768770780 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,600 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Ty and cheers. Can't wait to start shopping

Quote Originally Posted by davesaudio View Post
    Question:
    Exactly one month since registered mail received. (Ontario)
    Current Status: Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date.
    So it turns out this means they sent it back asking for additional information/corrections.This was supplied and received by them Aug 18
    Called this morning Aug 21 and they say they are still opening mail from the beginning of August, call again next week.
    ~41 calendar days

Quote Originally Posted by xdertonx View Post
    Turns out I cant purchase a firearm online without the card since I require the expiry date... so I will have to wait. also I suppose you should not be in possession of a firearm without that card on you. I was just hoping to get the gun for when my license arrives so I can get out right away. oh well!
    I bought a restricted handgun without my license. I told the store that the application's in the works and that I'm waiting for them to process it. I paid for everything and only took the receipt out of the store. It's waiting for me there.

Also, just checked my application online and it's processing now. I've called, everything is confirmed. I'm debating on calling again today to ask if I can do my interview now and then I'll get my references to call in next week when they get back from their trip.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by evgueni72 View Post
    I bought a restricted handgun without my license. I told the store that the application's in the works and that I'm waiting for them to process it. I paid for everything and only took the receipt out of the store. It's waiting for me there.

Also, just checked my application online and it's processing now. I've called, everything is confirmed. I'm debating on calling again today to ask if I can do my interview now and then I'll get my references to call in next week when they get back from their trip.
    Don't debate.. do it :P

Anyone have any recent experience with QC CFO? My application was received 7/17 and last week it showed up online. Called RCMP and was told its been sent to QC CFO for approval and was told they won't do any interview. Called QC CFO and asked for status. They said it was proceeding as normal. Then I asked if I could get interview over with and was told no I have to wait until they call. Said maybe 4 weeks. Should I just wait or are they bsing me and should have let me do the interview when I asked? Today's 36 days which isn't too bad but another 4 weeks will put it in the 60-70 day range..

Just received my PAL/RPAL today now I need to save up to buy my first gun. Can't wait to be a gun owner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Semper Paratus

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage78 View Post
    Just received my PAL/RPAL today now I need to save up to buy my first gun. Can't wait to be a gun owner.
    Do youself a favor and try a bunch with the help of others.. find what is right for you before buying it.

Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    Do youself a favor and try a bunch with the help of others.. find what is right for you before buying it.
    I've been trying a few out already and I really like the way a Glock feels and also the Savage 110ba in .338 and and the 10ba feel as well as an AR-15

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage78 View Post
    I've been trying a few out already and I really like the way a Glock feels and also the Savage 110ba in .338 and and the 10ba feel as well as an AR-15
    Try as many as you can 1st assuming u can get access and have the patience.

I am ok w/the glock for example (depending on generation blah blah).. but my fav is still my PT92. However it's grip is for example a little on the large side for my wife's hands.

Best even w/o always firing test as much as you can.

(I was lucky.. I've used far more than I can remember over the years)

Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    Try as many as you can 1st assuming u can get access and have the patience.

I am ok w/the glock for example (depending on generation blah blah).. but my fav is still my PT92. However it's grip is for example a little on the large side for my wife's hands.

Best even w/o always firing test as much as you can.

(I was lucky.. I've used far more than I can remember over the years)
    Thanks I'll try out as many as I can get access to.