Page 766 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 746756758759760761762763764765766767768769770771772773774776786 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,660 of 11500

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes. The online system was updated on Aug 24.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    They've changed it then. As soon as it switched to issued, I could see my number. This was back in June.

My wife's application was changed to issued today.

July 31 - application received

Aug 28 - she called in to verify that her application was filled in correctly and reference called in the same day

Aug 31 - status changed to issued
    CSSA / NFA

Quote Originally Posted by luckey View Post
    Congrats! Looks like the proactive aproache still works in Ontario, at least for some people. I will call in once I get back to Toronto(on the other side of the world due to some emergencies). Then we will know.
    I think in total I called 5-6 times, 2-4 times about when they received it, once for confirmation of the information, one to get my license number.

Mine came in the mail today!!!! First thing I did was go sight in my new scope for my .22. Looking to buy a Remington 870 super magnum turkey camo!!! That's the big purchase I want.

Well worth doing the steps provided!!! Thanks calalta!!!
    I LIKE SHOTGUNS ︻◦=═一

CGN Regular
    i called in today to see where its at, as i seen payment was processed on friday.
    i was told initial processing was complete and awaiting the interview with one of my references.
    my reference called in 10 minutes later.
    i could not check status all day online.... until now.
    this is what i got:

Application Received on: 2014/08/05 (funny thing is, this is the exact date that it was mailed, noon august 5th)

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

so with any luck it should be approved, printed and mailed by friday.... i hope, i hope, i hope
    Last edited by jeapadrenaline; 09-03-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    a government that doesn't trust its citizens with guns is a government that cannot be trusted by its citizens at all.

CGN Regular
    I just phoned today to check my status. CFC received my application 3 weeks ago today but it isn't in the system yet. I was told that it's usually 4 weeks before it shows up online and that I should give it another 2 weeks. I'm not sure if she was referring to the 28 day waiting period or just their backlog of applications. I waited about 5 minutes on hold and the information officer I spoke with was very friendly.

Do you know how long it took for it to arrive? Mine was shipped last Thursday and I'm still waiting (I'm impatient, I know)

My timeline, which includes wasted time because a document was missing. I guess this can illustrate how bad it can go, should one make any mistake. Keep in mind I'm in Quebec; missing document was the in-person filing of application which needs to be filled in at a local police station (stupid Quebec CFO thing). Here goes:

May 2nd: Mailed application

May 9: Application received in Miramichi

June 5: Payment processed, found out online status is available 2 days after

June 18: Called the CFP to know if there's anything wrong with application, as it was still in the initial processing stage. Turns out that I had not included the in-person filing of application document and so the processing has halted until they receive it. They told me they mailed a copy of the document on June 11 and I should receive it soon.

June 19: I decide to try and speed things up a bit and download/print a pdf copy of the missing form, and bring it to my local police station. The front desk agent filled it out but advised me that a copy of the application normally needs to be joined with it. As I was not advised by the CFP agent about this, I ignored the police officer's advice and told her to just mail it.

June 20 to August 1st: I call the CFP weekly to confirm if they had received that document. Negative each time. I have no tracking on this enveloppe, as the police wouldn't give back the envelope and insisted to mail it themselves, so impossible to send it registered. Furthermore, I had several conflicting reports from the CFP as to if a copy of my application was really needed or not along with this form when it is missing. After a month and a half, I call yet again and the CFP agent tells me that this waiting time is not normal and that I should send the missing form once again!! Pretty pissed at that point. Dunno if the police screwed up, and lost the document, if it was destroyed by CFP because no copy of application was provided, or whatnot. All I know is some personal info was lost SOMEWHERE.

August 5: I go and buy an Xpresspost prepaid envelope, WITH TRACKING, at a cost of 18.63$, and head to the police station. The officer which takes care of administrative matters was on vacation. It took 1 hour and 6 minutes and 3 COPS to be able to fill out this simple form that asks for my name, address, ID number (ie driver license), their matricule and station number, because they "weren't sure of the procedure"...!!!

August 11: letter successfully delivered to Miramichi...

August 19: document received by CFP (I phoned them to confirm)...

August 20: I call Québec CFO to confirm they are processing my application. The lady on the phone tells me "she's putting a priority on it".

August 26: I receive a call from the CFO advising that they interviewed one of my references; they proceed with my own interview. My other reference calls in in the evening.

August 27: License online status displays that it was issued.

September 3: License finally received!

Total time from mailing date: almost 4 months... including 1 and 1/2 that could've been avoided...!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by evgueni72 View Post
    Do you know how long it took for it to arrive? Mine was shipped last Thursday and I'm still waiting (I'm impatient, I know)
    Mine took exactly 1 week. Mailed it on Aug 7 and it arrive Aug 14.

How long prior to expiring to you submit the paperwork for RPAL renewal. And are the forms sent to your address from the CFC, at least this is what I rememeber.
    Thanks