Page 773 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 753763765766767768769770771772773774775776777778779780781783793 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Nope never

Hey Guys

How long did it take for your application to show up online once it was received? mine was received a week ago (registered mail) and is still not up on the website.

should I start calling them?

Cheers

Max

Never hurts to call. But mine took a few weeks too.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAX View Post
    Hey Guys

How long did it take for your application to show up online once it was received? mine was received a week ago (registered mail) and is still not up on the website.

should I start calling them?

Cheers

Max
    I'm not trying to be a jerk here... But did you even read this thread?

28 days before it will show up online, for new applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    I'm not trying to be a jerk here... But did you even read this thread?

28 days before it will show up online, for new applications.

28 days is the mandatory wait time for new applicants, not the time it takes it to appear on the RCMP website.

thanks for playing, better luck next time.....

Quote Originally Posted by jamessober View Post
    Never hurts to call. But mine took a few weeks too.
    Thanks

I'm getting different things from different people some say theirs was online the next day, others are like you and waited a few weeks.

I think i'll give them a call

Cheers

Max

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAX View Post
    Thanks

I'm getting different things from different people some say theirs was online the next day, others are like you and waited a few weeks.

I think i'll give them a call

Cheers

Max
    Mine was online after about a week. However it's been almost 4 months and I don't have it yet

CGN Regular
    Well this certainly is a fun wee game isn't it?
    I'd imagine that most people coming to this thread are probably reading page 1 and then jumping to the last page. I read a bunch of pages.

So I'm in AB.
    Sent-in my application (PAL) and challenged test results on August 13.
    I started checking the site yesterday or the day before and my application has been received and is being processed..call back later blah blah blah.

Of course the test examiner instructed me to call-in about a month after sending my application. Apparently this would speed-up the process.

I called and said I was just making sure there weren't any issues with my application. I was told that everything was fine. There was a slight delay initially but my application is now at the AB CFO's office in Edmonton. Could take 3 weeks I was told.

I found the ext# for my CFO. Tip, after calling NB and getting into their phone system you hit 1 twice and THEN the ext#.

I called the Edmonton CFO and the lady said that they had received my application 2 weeks ago exactly so it's early and that background checks and a few other things still need to be done. I asked if she saw any issues and she said nope. Looks good.

So, this is all pretty promising. As long as the AB office doesn't drag their feet too much and as long as they don't find-out that I used to be a psychotic serial killer (I'm cured of all that) lol I guess it wont be too much longer.
    From what I have been reading in this thread I'm glad I live in AB. Ontario, Quebec and maybe Manitoba seem to be pretty problematic and take SO long.

I'll update as required. Hopefully that will be tomorrow with me saying my PAL is issued, I got the # over the phone and I'm right now shopping at Canadian Tire with a cart full of SKSs.
    ;-)

CGN Regular
    HOLY CRAP UPDATE!!

As I mentioned above...mailed my PAL application on Sept13. Instructor also said (as this thread recommends) to start calling after about 30 days and that that WILL speed-up the process.
    Started checking the status on the site a few days ago. Got the in progress message.
    As per this thread I called the AB CFO.
    The nice lady said...we've only had it for a couple of weeks. It will take quite a while more. It's quite early to be checking blah blah blah...

Not sure why but after supper I decided to check the main site again and.. :-O APPROVED!!! If you don't receive it within 2 weeks.....

I don't know if things would have been different (taken a lot longer) if I hadn't called but 42 DAYS since I mailed it in?? Man AB sure doesn't mess around too much. Maybe they realize that us rednecks are already 2 weeks into hunting season and time's a wastin!?

I'm pretty shocked. I was expecting to wait at LEAST 3 months from the time I mailed it in. In fact the instructor said 3-4 months is typical right now.

SO, for everyone applying...if you are skipping to page LAST of this thread rather than reading through almost all 8000 posts...follow the steps and it will go as quickly as it can possibly go.
    -Mail-in your PROPERLY filled-out application and test results and photo. (oh btw mine was only a PAL and not a RPAL...references did not get called and neither did I)
    -After a couple of weeks you can start checking their site for the progress. Of course you can do this before 2 weeks but...
    -After about 30 days call the NB office and politely ask if there's anything missing or incorrect on your application.
    -If it is still in their office, call back in a few days and again politely ask if there's anything they need. Once they say your application has been sent to your provincial CFO's office, call them and ask them if there's anything they need.

If everything is correct on your application and if you follow the steps recommended in this thread you will get your license as fast as physically possible. And it seems that depending on your province's CFO, as fast as physically possible might be really really FAST!
    In fact, they don't mess with peoples' apps and drag them out on purpose. I'm sure they go as fast as they can. I'm also sure that they get daily complaints because the system is so SLOW. Well I'm going to call them today and tell them that they are doing a great job. I bet they don't hear that very often.

Oh and sorry...forgot one more important step to follow if you want your PAL VERY FAST. Move to ALBERTA!! lol. Yeouch. Sorry.
    Now it's off to the EE forum ;-)

Mailed it on Sept 02, and showed online: received on Sept.05. Had my reference to call in.

Updates: Just checked online status: my RPAL has been issued.
    Last edited by TheFlyingGen; 10-05-2014 at 09:30 PM.